Sign in to follow this  

Get one or not?

I am planning to get a 250f sometime soon, and I am pretty sure I want the kx250f. I do not have any extra money to throw at the bike though. Should I get it or are problems going to happen down the line I can not pay for? I have no problem maintaining my bikes, but will be new to 4-strokes.

I'd get one. They are light, fast, and the power is always there. Hopefully the 2005 softer valve seats will help in the valvetrain department. There are several companies working on a solution so hopefully the price will come down on aftermarket valves soon.

Get an '05 KXF250 and you wont regret it!!!! They are amazing bikes and I have recently gone through the same thought processes that you are going through.

This is my first 4-stroke and i had heard about all the problems with them. However, every bike will have its demons and for every person who posts a problem about a bike on Thumpertalk there are probably 10,000 who have never had a problem.

Buy it, look after it, and enjoy it.

NB. I just rode my mates '05 CRF250R and regardless of what anyone else sais, my opinion is that the engine on the CRF feels like an XR200 next to the explosiveness of the KXF. Where the KXF has instant WHAM, the CRF seems to wind on slowly. Hence, i'am glad I went green 😢

Well I picked it up today and took it up to the track this afternoon. 😢 Wow it is fun, I did not want to stop. Good handling, motor is awesome, good overall feel. Suspension is a little stiff, but I set the race sag and turned the compression on the forks down two clicks, they felt fine after that. I am glad I got it, had the most fun riding ever on that bike. 😢

Get the '05.

Take care of it and keep plenty of open space on your shelves (For Trophies).

Don't worry about accessories. Get the bars you want and GO!

Good oil.

Clean Filters.

Adjust your valves almost as often as your chain 😢

GOOD GAS!

Tear it down and LUBE everything!

Good Luck,

Manny 😢