Sign in to follow this  

03 crf450 w/rekluse jetting question., Thanks for the help

Ok here's what I have and have done so far.I live in central Fla. Everything is stock in the carb. I was having problems with the bike stalling after coming off the gate, going from 4th gear to 1st 180 degree turn and back to racing. It would stall as I was turning the corner. I urned the air/fuel screw in . It's now 1 turn out. Now, I've recently started getting in the wood with it. I find very quickly in 1st gear tight stuff when I try to get back in the gas it acts like it chokes itself out. I've tried rolling into it very smoothly to fairly quick. Have the same result. Any suggestions? 😢😢

Try leaning the needle clip position 1 step (from stock for Florida temp & humidity) and keep the idle set slightly higher. The difficulty with auto clutch motors is the idle can't always be set to the prescribed speed in the manual. If you ride in too high of a gear, the clutch will heat up and get sticky and want to stall too. Be sure to shift down when it's needed and don't abuse the clutch slippage too much.

James