Sign in to follow this  

ARRGGH! My fuel screw fell out!!! Where to get that little spring?

I am so mad. Today was one of the last fair weather days I'll have this winter, so I made the 30 minute drive to the track. Warmed it up, and hit the track. Before I got one full lap in, it started popping and died in a corner. I looked down and my fuel screw fell out!!! I suppose since it was jetted so lean form the factory, (#42 slow jet standard, and I had to run the screw at 3 1/2 turns out!) the spring didn't have enough tension to hold it in at 3 1/2 turns out! I know, I should have gone to a bigger slow jet. I intended to, I just hadn't ordered it yet. Anyway, I ended up finding the screw on the track, but the spring, o-ring, and washer are long gone. Where to get these in a hurry? I checked with Service Honda and they only list the screw set for '02-'04, mine being an '05. Same with the slow jets, only up to '04. I assume these are the same for '05, but I guess I need to call them tomorrow before I order. Anyone know? I am getting a Zip-Ty tonight too. I just wish the Zip-Ty came with the spring, washer, and o-ring, and I wouldn't have to worry about it. They don't come complete, do they? Oh well, I guess my riding season was about over anyway... 😢 :cry: 😢 :cry:

Thanks E-Wa. But, which one do I look at. I would guess the "FCR-MX" diagram is the one I want (part #1290-812-2001, for the spring)? And which slow jet #45 to order for my FCR? HMM....