Stoddard Valley-Slash X Cafe

Can anyone give me accurate directions to Slash X Cafe. I am parking at Dale Evans Exit right next to the freeway and I have been told generally what direction it is in. Can anyone give some detailed or good directions on how to get there and what the distance is. I know it's hard to give directions in the desert but I was hoping some of you may know the ride really well. Thanks for any help

Can't give exact coordinates, but most of the main roads thru Stoddard OHV area will take you to or very near the Slash X. From Dale Evans, it will be northeast, I'd guess about 15-20 miles. If you head east from anywhere out there, you will eventually hit hwy 247. The Slash X is on hwy 247, just south of Barstow.

If you head N on stoddard wells road a few miles past the cross you will come to a major eastward bound road. If you take that due east you will hit hwy 247 in about 8 miles or so. Make a L (north) and follow the really whooped out trail N alongside the 247. You will come to Slash X - can't miss it. The other way is to head W off stoddard wells road a mile or so until you see the power lines. Follow the power lines N and eastward on the main roads alongside the power lines and you will eventually come to a big open valley about 18 miles N of Dale Evans. You'll see the SlashX in the distance - alongside hwy 247. Sorry I can't be more specific, but hopefully this will help. Do you have a GPS? If so, someone posted GPS coordinates here about a week ago. Do a search.