Sign in to follow this  

New streetbike...

So I been wanting a fairly simple streetbike that is easy to work onand willlast a long time. Ended up getting a 2003 Harley 1200 sportster sport...the one with the adjustable suspension and aluminum wheels.(also has dual disc brakes up front, unusual for a harley) Still pretty slow..but I absolutely love riding it. 2003 is the last year for the rigid mounts that also allow easy transmission removal in like 30 minutes. So I was very happy to find this mint 03 with 1589 miles on it. Will post some more pics tommorow. Try not to hate on the harley too bad:) Here is a few pics. First one is a pic I took, second is a file photo to give you an idea of the shape of the bike.

2004-11-08_122321_bikert.JPG

index.jpg

I'm glade to see some body that has a decent Harley, I like the Sportster and V-rod.

But I'm a in-line 4 lover.

3rd pic is what you shoulda got!

You need a nice over powered cramped speed machine that's almost not capable of doing under 100 mph,,,, that will definately kill you, or shoot you insurance rate theough the heavens! Like this.

kawasaki-zx9r-01-bikepics-217427.jpg😢 :cry:

I have already had sportbikes..and I pay 400 a year for full coverage. Nice bike in your pic by the way, likely faster than mine without leaving 3rd gear.

I have already had sportbikes..and I pay 400 a year for full coverage. Nice bike in your pic by the way, likely faster than mine without leaving 3rd gear.

thanks, your's too brother!

Congrats on your new Harley purchase. I myself prefer sportbikes, I have a 2001 kawasaki ZX11. I have ridden a few Harleys, and they are not for me. I want to share this website with you all:

http://harleys-suck.redztread.com/

I found the reading very interesting. I am NOT a Harley-hater, I just think alot of current owners are "RUB's" - RICH URBAN BIKER's who want to look cool.

That's ok..most sportbike owners have no talent and just ride around thinking they are cool as well *shrugs* We call them "credit card riders" becaus eone day they get an itch to get a sportbike, and go out and buy it...likely compensating for something else. Alot of harley riders do this as well. You'll never see me on a 15k "big" harley or anything of the sort, I just like this sportster cause I think it is neat as hell to have a bike that is brand new..yet still visibly related to the one from 45 years ago. You actually having a dirtbike to thrash on puts you ahead of most streetriders who never have by far. That website is pretty ignorant however.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a Harley. Sometimes I just want to sit and cruise. I don't want to hunch over the tank of my Ducati. I don't want to sit ON my Honda 750. I just want to sit IN my HD and cruise effortlessly. Just cause a person buys an HD doesn't make them a damn RUB. That pisses me off to no end coming from the narrow minded sport bike riders typically. A real RUB is some fake asshat who likely hasn't even ridden before that buys all the leather crap to go with it, puts the &%$#@! fringe on the levers, and rides it twice a year. I'd venture a guess that most guys on this site are not RUBS!! You shouldn't toss the insults around like that. Give the guy a break.

Sorry for the rant, I just hate bike riders ragging on fellow bike riders.

😢

C'mon you guys... give us Harley riders a break.

The man just bought a new bike and you're ALREADY trashing the man and his machine.

Please, back off and give the rider some room to move!

Damn!

😢

Yeah, the only thing that says HD that I own is the bike. I can usually be seen riding with dirty jeans and some form of a winter jacket that looks like it was stolen from a homeless person. It has warmed up to 28 already...the crappy gloves almost work at this temp..haha It is kind of hard explaining to sportbike owners why we like our harleys. I get in too much trouble on fast bikes because I try to go 120 everywhere. This bike is fun just cruising at 60, feels like you stepped back in time, disregard the fact that I could rebuild it in an afternoon when it wears out.

cool, hope you got shares in autosol metal polish to go with it hehe 😢 I wouldnt mind something like that for doing distance on - my machines arnt exactly mile munchers, an 88 cbr400rr (which incidently i've done 19000km's on since semptember last year) and an xr250r, neither to comfy!

Enjoy it mate.

That's ok..most sportbike owners have no talent and just ride around thinking they are cool as well *shrugs* We call them "credit card riders" becaus eone day they get an itch to get a sportbike, and go out and buy it...likely compensating for something else. Alot of harley riders do this as well. You'll never see me on a 15k "big" harley or anything of the sort, I just like this sportster cause I think it is neat as hell to have a bike that is brand new..yet still visibly related to the one from 45 years ago. You actually having a dirtbike to thrash on puts you ahead of most streetriders who never have by far. That website is pretty ignorant however.

Nice Harley!!!

Most sportbikers? Yeah, I'd probably have to agree.

Many of us though do 15K-20K a year, and ride for the right reasons.

I don't have any talent, but I do like to have fun on mine.

g19.jpg