Pro-Taper bar problem

So I just picked up my new bike tonight and realized that with bars that are on there it's very hard to strap the bike down and feel comfortable it's going to stay put. There really is nothing keeping the tie downs from sliding up over the bars and letting the bike fly out the back or go over the side. Normally I would put my bike in on an angle but I could not due to this problem. I am wondering whether there is anything made that I could clamp onto the bars to keep the tie down straps from sliding over the bend ond letting the bike loose?

A buddy of mine made me a set of straps out of heavy duty nylon, there about 2" inches wide and about 8" round. You sinch them on the bars then hook the tiedowns to the straps. I think there a commpany that makes them. They work great for fat bars.

Get a set of soft ties

ph_powextension.jpg

Then cut the hook of your tie down and replace it with a Carabiner, I use them on both end they make your tie downs impossible to come unhooked.

Metoliusoval.jpg

I dont use the soft ties as shown in the picture I make a full wrap around the bar then attach both ends of the soft tie to the Carabiner.

Well I actually found a solution that I think may be better than soft ties. There is a company called Berg Racing that has these steel loops that you mount to your triple clamp. Then you can just hook your tie downs into the loops, real fast and easy. My only concern with them at this point is whether the bolt on the triple clamp is going to be strong enough and not shear. Even with the soft ties there is still a chance that the tie could slide up and over the bars and let the bike go flying off the truck.

Well I actually found a solution that I think may be better than soft ties. There is a company called Berg Racing that has these steel loops that you mount to your triple clamp. Then you can just hook your tie downs into the loops, real fast and easy. My only concern with them at this point is whether the bolt on the triple clamp is going to be strong enough and not shear. Even with the soft ties there is still a chance that the tie could slide up and over the bars and let the bike go flying off the truck.

How can it when It has to pass through your clutch and grips?

Theres one company that actually has ties, then at the end of it, it has a hook and a soft tie. Whet you do is just double wrap the soft tie over the bar, put the hook in, and there you go. The bottom of the strap also has a clip (carabiner like MXoldtimer said). Really good straps, my brother uses them.

But instead of buying new straps, I use the soft ties as well. They dont slip, don't scratch up your bars neither.

We have nylon straps that go inbehind your number plate and around the fork tube above the bottom triple clamp. This lowers the pull point and gives a more secure set up. You could also just take your regular tie-downs and run it around the fork tube. It works well if you don't have a wide spot on the bed of the trailer or truck to tie down to.

You could also use the foot pegs as a spot to tie-down to. Put two anchors in the floor a little wider that the pegs and then tie down the pegs to the anchors. I'll try and get a pic tonight. It's super secure and uses both front and rear suspension to hold the bike still.