Sign in to follow this  

2005 sm610s

Put a deposit down to hold one of these today.. Thoughts on the bike good & bad..Suggestions on 1st performance mods ie. exhaust and everything else. ..Did a search sounds like Uptite is the way to go,, wasn't sure if theres any thing new out there for 2005..

The new bike is a question mark, the engine is a known quanity, but it's not clear what carb will be on the US version. Husky Italy site lists Dell'Orto PHM and Mikuni BST(a CV carb)in specs. I hope it's the Dell'Orto. Any stock Husky Exhaust will be Quiet and a little restrictive, but is the noise worth a change. The 2000-3 610E and S come in a pretty mild state of tune. Old two can exhaust is quiet and has a great exhaust note. The main mods are jetting and carb mods because of CARB/EPA. I can't wait to see this bike in person.

That SM610 looks f*n bad ass. I love the old 610 platform. I've been ridin em since the early 90s. Back then they were the most underrated bikes around. Then new breed of quick reving four strokes might be technichally more advanced but the torquey power delivery of the 610 is outclassed by none. It's silky smooth with power to spare. Over the years I've tried several exhausts. With my trusty seat of the pants dyno I'll give you my opinions. Uptite, best max power A+, fit and finish C, they're nickle plated steel and the old ones burned your leg, new ones might be better. Malcolm Smith stainless (out of production), slightly more power than stock B-, fit and finish B+. Big Gun, noticible power gain over stock on my 2000 modle, slight gain on '95 B+, fit and finish B, ceramic coated steele, much lighter than stock but not a precise fit. Pro Circuit/FBF, I currently have one on my 2000, I bought it used and the muffler and muffler inlet is different/modified, Power- more mid than Uptite less top end and overrev, really good though A, fit and finish A, alot lighter than stock and made of stainless. Pro circuit told me several months ago that the pipe would be back in production but that may not be the case. I would recomend Pro Circuit or Uptite. I believe Arrow and Akropovic make systems for you bike, if money were no object the Akropovic is a work of art. Enjoy your new bike they're awsome!