Sign in to follow this  

FMF Q Silencer for CRF 250X

Is anyone using the FMF Q Tip Silencer on their 2005 CRF 250X? I am thinking about getting one. Need some feedback.

Thanks

TDB

They work pretty good. Kevin Hines, owner of E-line and former Nat'l enduro champ, is running one along with a R header. It felt much stronger.

MTBSTUFF

Thanks for your response. I have a 2005 250X and 2005 250R. I ordered the new Titanium Q tip for the X. They will be available the end of this month. I will try the R header with the Q tip on the X.

Just FYI. I tried the R silencer on the X with the stock header. It really helped but again makes a lot more noise.

I have the regular Aluminum canned Q on my X. It sound tested at 94db last month after a full summer on it without repacking.

I have no idea how it runs compared to stock as I never rode the X with the stock silencer. Stocker was off the day it came home.

I ran the s/x power bomb header on my YZ250F and it made a big difference in low end when combined with the Q. The Q took some snap out of the YZ..but the s/x p/b header gave it more grunt.

The Q alone on the X gives it more power from mid range up.

I have not tried a p/b torque header on the X yet.

The Q is not as loud as stock with baffle out and it will give you more on bottom and mid. I also installed PBH it also improved bottom to mid,I installed them on different riding days to see as to what did what.

Thanks everybody for your response. I am going to play around a little bit with all the combinations between the X and the R exhaust systems(Only on the X)and the Q tip when it arrives.

I did already find out that the stock R silencer works better on the X.(Too much noise)

My X has the JD jetting kit(Jetted per JD instruction), air box cut and the Twin air system.

I will let everybody know what I come up with.

Thanks again!

TB