Sign in to follow this  

CRF450R riders

I have a question for those of you who ride Honda CRF450Rs. Not trying to be nosey, but how tall and how much do you weigh? I'm curious because I had the great pleasure of riding my friend's new 04 450. Half an hour on that thing had me sold, that is my next bike. He is around 6' 0" and 190 lbs and he does just fine. Even though he just got the bike a week or so ago, he did very well for not being used to such a gutsy bike. My question is, is a rider who is 5' 9" and 158 lbs. and 165 with gear on, would a CRF450R be too much to handle? Or will i be trying to hang on to the handlebars for dear life?

Thanks

5"10 190lbs

She is like a woman, you ride her to the best of your ability, which is eaxctly what she wants you to do. As long as you do her justice she will come back for more.

Nothing like the brute force of the CRF, damn this thing can get going quick.

You won't regret purchasing one. Join the exclusive Red club and buy one.

hey thanks guys. the bike is so much fun also. is there anyway to make a 2004 CRF450R green stickered in California? i've seen one before that was,but it didnt look like a California green sticker though.

hey thanks guys. the bike is so much fun also. is there anyway to make a 2004 CRF450R green stickered in California? i've seen one before that was,but it didnt look like a California green sticker though.

Jeeze, all the tall guys replied to your question! I'm 5'8", with a 30' inseam. The CRF450 is a bit tall for me, but with a little creativity and practice, starting is now pretty natural for me. And I wouldn't trade the performance for anything -- the better you ride, the more you appreciate the performance, and the less you run into problems starting/stopping.

As for the green sticker question, from '03 on, the only way I've seen green stickers issued is if you buy out-of-state (like buy a Canadian bike through a Nevada broker), and then register it in Cali after the out-of-state registration expires. The Canadian bikes have the 8th digit in the VIN not equal to "C" or "3". If you want a straight-up greensticker 450, you have to deal with the extra weight and detuning of the CRF450X. IMHO, it's not worth it. Just ride exclusive MX during the Cali summer -- good practice anyway.

Green sticker sux. -Mike-

6'1" 215lbs

Oddly enough, I'm thinking about getting rid of my 450 and going back to a 250 2-stroke. Seems like the 450 is almost too easy to ride for me and has taken away some of the excitement and allowed me to become lazy. :cry:

How about 6'0" 205# and with a 30" inseam. I bought my 2002 CRF and converted it to a trail bike and ride high mountain trails here in Washington State and love it ... except for the tall 1st gear! The point of the inseam is that I couldn't ride alot of other bikes safely on the technical trails and not be able to touch the ground ... intentionally, with my feet. The CRF allows me to straddle her and have both feet on the ground, yet still gives me world class suspension quality and travel. Good stuff!

5'10" - 210lbs - 30" in-seam. The bike is really tall for me, but it's weighted so well that it doesn't cause a problem. A bike will only go as fast as you want it to when you turn the throttle. The nice thing about the CRF is the power is so controllable, unlike a two-stroke that can have a vicious hit :cry: . I'm certain you can handle it.

However, the CRF250 is basically the same bike with a little less power. I ride mostly woods, but I can tell you I am faster on a 250 than I am on my 450. Unless you're real power-monger (as your name would suggest), you may want to consider the 250. I like to hill climb as well as trail ride, but I don't race, which is why I opted for the 450. If I were serious about racing hare scrambles or enduros, I'd be riding a 250 thumper.

5'9" - 215lbs. 30" in-seam also. I love the bike! I came off a 98 CR250, which had plenty of power it just beat me up.

6' 1", 190lbs

For me the CR Double Highs really made the bike more comfortable. When I ride my buddies with the stock bars I really hate it.

ben

I am 5ft 10in, 190 lbs.

I love the bike. You can putt up to a 70 ft jump, give it a bit of throttle and then float over for a soft landing.

However, you do sacrifice braking, cornering speed and endurance for the bigger power.

I think you should strongly consider a CRF250R based on your weight. At 190lbs, I slow down the 250F's but these 250F's are certainly lighter to toss around, to get into a corner faster, out of a corner faster and you will be able to ride longer before getting tired.

if I was your weight, I would own a 250F.

Try a 250F before you buy the 450F.