Sign in to follow this  

Endurocross EnduroCross Pics...Husky....oh!

How do you down load pics to this site? I'll send them to someone who can post if I need to.

I'll have some storytime later. It's good too!

http://www.checkersmc.com/endurocross/index.htm

So here's a link to some pics on the D37 site. They are non Husky for the most part. But there is a cool shot of Anders Eriksson blasting a turn.

So, here's the deal: I was asked to go work this thing and be a general bike cleaner and goggle girl. In the end it turned out to much more.

The 2 Husky boys from Europe Eriksson and Ahola need a place to ride prior to the event. I talk a buddy of mine into loaning me his garage in Henderson NV, while he was in Calif. racing.

Now, I've never been in the same room let alone the same county as world champion enduro rider. Why would I be? I'm just a lame desert racer that can't stands loosing, So I look up to the fastest people in tthe world as mentors. Then when you spend a few hours with these guys one on one you realize they are just human, and anything is possible (until you see them ride in a desert they have never seen before and leave you in the dust).

I didn't do much riding. But I did however help put together 2 completely stock Husqvarnas that ended up 3rd and 5th against some of the worlds fastest off roaders.

Both riders are on different programs: Mika is vary laid back, no worries what so ever, and very rarely trains. A true natural talent! Anders is the oppostie, trains very hard, is well fit and is very intence and has true natural talent!

So I'm not sure what makes one person faster than another, belive me, I asked all the right questions trying to figure it out.

I do know that both are incredibly nice people that love the bikes. They were greatful for the help that they got and showed it, which is more of a reason the ride for Husky that anything else.

True champions that I can hardly wait to meet again. 😢

http://www.ae-racing.com/en/

How was the turnout? Did it seem like a good event that we might see more of?

Thanks.

Did Mika have a website by any chance? Any tips that you can pass on to us about there bike setups?

There are tips!! But I was sworn to secrecy. lol

The bikes were bone stock, not too many works bike tips to be had.

There was a little work on the forks to lessen the preload, but other than that, just personal clicker adjustment. When you are as fast as those guys, you can ride anything and adjust your riding style to meet it.

Quality time with Husky Heros! Except for Fred Hoess all the US Husky Heroes seem to ride KTM's now. I just saw that Mike Melton(1980's Husky Hero) is back riding the SETRA A line after a fifteen year layoff on a KTM of course.

Eriksson seem like a real cool guy, when after a great year in '02 with finacial gloom on the horizon and Merriman et al jumped ship, Eriksson felt a strong loyalty to Husky and stayed. After his 450 championship last year, I thought he'd fly on the 510 this year. It just didn't work out so well though. Good for you HUSKYTONE.

Norman

Hey HuskyTone,

Al from Rekluse, must've met you in the garage. I also got to spend some quality time with everyone from Husky and it was quite a treat. Anders and Mika were great, down to earth guys and everyone from Husky was great as well.

However, I must clarify one point, Anders bike was not quite a completely stock TC450, it was running a z-Start clutch. Anders almost pulled the holeshot in the main with a 3rd gear roll-on start, Hughes just barely got him on the inside. Great meeting those guys as well as all the other racers. Best racing I have ever seen. Buy the DVD and plan on being there next year!

Al, Motostarted my TE450 against a 05YZ250 and a 05 KTM450SX, stuck my bike in 2nd and just hammered it open and the Rekluse did the rest. They were a good 5-10 bike lengths behind by the first corner.

😢😢😢

Hey HuskyTone,

Al from Rekluse, must've met you in the garage. I also got to spend some quality time with everyone from Husky and it was quite a treat. Anders and Mika were great, down to earth guys and everyone from Husky was great as well.

However, I must clarify one point, Anders bike was not quite a completely stock TC450, it was running a z-Start clutch. Anders almost pulled the holeshot in the main with a 3rd gear roll-on start, Hughes just barely got him on the inside. Great meeting those guys as well as all the other racers. Best racing I have ever seen. Buy the DVD and plan on being there next year!

Hey Al, yep that was me (also went to Idaho this year, and years to come).

It's so hard to express how Bitch'n that event was. I'm glad you can back me up on that. Beg, borrow, and steel to get the DVD, it's worth it.

Maybe try the site www.ENDUROCROSSUSA.com

Did Mika have a website by any chance? Any tips that you can pass on to us about there bike setups?

Some time ago I maintained Mika's website (www.mikaahola.com) but then, after a couple of years online, we decided to call it quits because He didn't have time to write stories for the site.

I agree that Mika is one of the most laid back guys there is. We see each other from time to time when he is here in Finland and sometimes go riding together. To tell the truth, he's not very keen on practicing when he comes here. :D