Sign in to follow this  

Georgetown Work Day 12/4 or 12/11

I just talked to John Jue at the Georgetown Ranger Station. He would like to have about 4-5 guys to help repair trail 3-1 Start/Finish. Meet on Rock Creek Rd at the trail entrance 8:30am. Please call John and let him know if you can make it. If a week day works better also let him know. I have informed my club members.

John Jue 530-333-5500 USFS

ok I can do a Saturday 10/4 repair job. I'll call him tomorrow-friday morning.

Have you guys looked at the temperature forecast for Sat. morning?

You won't see any brass monkeys running around. 😢

I'll be at the Rock Creek Collaborative meeting at the rangers station on Friday.

Starts at 10:00am if any of you can make it.

Tim Dabney will be having an additional meeting at 2:00 to present his decision on the winter deer closure.

Ride on

Brewster

UPDATE: I spoke with John. he wants to meet at 10:00 am tomorrow Saturday morning to repair this trail 3-1. we meet him at the rock creek road intersection with the bottom of 3-1 at 10 am saturday - BE there. I need at least one more plus me to help him. He will be there and one other USFS employee. He said 4 guys can do it. The more the merrier. I believe Tirebiter will be there with me at mace mils at 8-830 - we will do a morning ride then head down to meet up with john. we can use more hands if anyone wants to help.

c you at 10;00 am

Id go but Im Locked into the christmans tree hunt on Saturday. Hopefully its short and painless, but by the time I could get over there it would be 1:00. I really want to make it to one of these. Keep posting them guys, Ill make it someday....

looks like we're in for a hardy work session. John Jue just e-mailed this note to me:

"I would greatly appreciate your help in repairing this section of trail. I

would like to have 4 volunteers to help with the repairs. I think we can

install a retaining wall out of old military aircraft landing mat and

backfill with soil to rebuild the tread in this section. I am estimating

the repairs can be done in 4 hours."

I was hoping for a 1-2 hour effort. -oh well we'll have to do what it takes.

I went to the meetings today at the GT ranger station. Got there at 10:00 and the weather wasn't as cold as I thought it would be.

Tim Dabney is going to recommend that the winter deer closure will stay in effect. It was a tough decision for him to make and I still don't understand his logic, but he has done right by us in many other decisions in the Rock Creek area.

Have a good work out tomorrow and then a GREAT ride!

Ride on

Brewster

BigBob it looks 3 others from our club will be there. Buddy, Mini and Brian. Brian thinks it will be at 8:30. He will be at Rock Creek Rd in a blue pickup. If you see let him know, I will email him and hopefully he will get it.

Kraig

I'll ride down to rock creek road and look for brian or anyone and tell them it's at 10:00 am.

winter deer closure? does that mean the east trails are closed now even without snow? I guess I'll find out this morning - 5 am now and time to get loaded up. the weekend is here!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Trail 3-1 is fixed and OPEN for business. We named the section we repaired the YZ freeway. ENJOY!

thanks to peakrider, his buddy troy and a CERA member Mini for helping do a major first class trail section repair with 4 hours of hard labor.... and thanks to John Jue and Unkle moose too for getting this thing set up. 😢😢

Thanks to all for helping, wish I could have been there, but was watching my 2 younger kids and my sister n laws baby this weekend. Look forward to going and see how it turned out.

Thanks Again

Kraig

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Trail 3-1 is fixed and OPEN for business. We named the section we repaired the YZ freeway. ENJOY!

QUOTE]

Freeway?? Ah, man. ....jk

Hey, your efforts are much appreciated Bob. Thank you for taking time to fix our trails.

the rocks are still there for you to do an f-14 tomcat roll 😢