Sign in to follow this  

Moving on

I've had this feeling lately about my RMZ... sort of like, when you find out your girlfriend cheated on you. Even though she's still the same hot chick, you just don't see her the same way. Well... I've had enough dealing with valve issues... and whatever else might be coming my way. I can't look forward to riding it, without worrying what I'm going to have to fix next.😢

So.. it's time for a new girl... picking up an '05 YZF this Saturday. She may be a sturdy girl, but she'll always be up for a good time and I know I can trust her. 😢

~Tex

Un-RMZing

Whoa... dude!!

You just did the whole aftermarket spring/stainless steel valve thing... right??? Are you saying you don't have confidence that is a fix?? I just ordered the stainless valves and springs. I want to believe. I was hoping you would ride yours for a few hundred hours and give us a long term report!!

Jimbo

I believe the valve fix is fine. I've just soured on the bike after all that crap. Every time I ride it now, I wonder what's next.

I rode an '01 YZF for 2 seasons and a flat tire was my only mechanical.In fact the kid that bought it from me is still riding it without ever opening the motor.

I despise working on bikes. I do the maintanance religiously to avoid really working on them. I've been into this motor 6 times since May. I'm sick of it. The valves are fixed, but I'm not waiting for the next problem.

I'd rather ride than wrench.

~Tex

how much would you let the old girl go for?

Have had my 04 kxf for a year know without a single problem. Just shimmed the valves yesterday for the first time..

same here, the valves are right in the middle of spec except for the right exhaust valve which is on the border of being tight, I'm going to shim it anyway while the whole bike is apart for the winter. I don't want to start a fight here, but if you don't like wrenching, dirtbiking isn't really a great hobby for you. I understand that if you have to fix the bike every single ride, then it's ridiculous however in that case there is obviously a problem from the factory and it is a whole different story.

Hey Tex

So you're making the switch back eh! 😢

I am keeping my KXF for my wife to ride next year. Hopefully she won't be as hard on it as I was so the new valves should last.

I bought a new RM 250 pimped out with FMF Gnarly pipe and silencer, 10 ounce flywheel weight, Protaper bars, Acerbis bark busters, oversize tank, O-ring chain, Race Tech Gold Valve suspension, SDG seat cover, skid plate, E-line carbon fiber pipe guard, and SunStar sprockets. 😢

This thing rocks. It is an 04 that a guy I know bought (he was sponsored as well) but got injured and never was able to ride it. With Christmas coming he wanted to sell it so I got it at a great price. 😢

I rode it a bit and love it. It will take some getting used to and I will need to get into better shape but it is nice to try something new (I haven't ridden a 2 smoke since my 89 KDX 200) and reliable. If I don't like it I will look to the 06 Yamaha and not lose on the sale of the RM.

Good luck with your 05.

Penguin... I'm hoping to get $4k out of it (..it has a PC Ti-4 slip-on on it too).

Before she cheated on me, she was quite a gal. I'm sure she'll make someone a great wife.

~Tex

New Blu Shoes

I got divorced from my little lady as well, about a month ago. Picked up a blue 05 250F. This little lady is locked and loaded and is always willing for a little romp, wether I beat her or not. Her suspension aint bad either. 😢

Hey Tex

So you're making the switch back eh! 😢

😢 I think you missed the "F" in Texlabo's post. It is right after YZ.

Picked up baby blue today... takin' er out for lunch tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a new era of fun and reliability.

~Tex

'05 YZF-250

Nope, didn't miss it. Meant switch back to the Yamaha. Just thought I would add in my switch to a more reliable steed as well. Still keeping the green F for now but hoping 06 will see some better results.