Sign in to follow this  

Back In Blue

After a one year hiatus riding... and replacing valves... in the yellow camp, I'm going back to what works.

Pickin up the new 250F on Saturday. 😢

All will be right with the world again.

~Tex

un-RMZing

After a one year hiatus riding... and replacing valves... in the yellow camp, I'm going back to what works.

Pickin up the new 250F on Saturday. 😢

All will be right with the world again.

~Tex

un-RMZing

You getting an 05 model?

😢

Yeah... gettin the '05.

And I'll make sure I shower before I pick up the bike. I dont' want to get any yellow on it. Who know if that stuff's contagious

~Tex

Welcome back, now please for the sake of the rest of us, go shower. 😢

what shampoo should he use?

would that be "Selsen BLUE"?

jeez, now i won't be able to razz ya about riding a lemon, but i can still razz ya about all them zook bucks ya won - NOT! 😢

It's important to note that not winning Suzuki money wasn't my fault (...er.. other than choosing a bike that blows valves like popcorn). The only Suzuki race I made it to I finished in the money, only to find out I had switched to the 40+ class for that race, and they only paid in the 35+ and 45+!!😢

...and so went life on the limon.

When it runs it's great. Really. But... after the first 6 months, I think it spent as much time torn down as it did in the dirt.

Oh well... that's all behind me now...

~Tex

Nu Blue

Well, glad to hear you got out of that mess and are now back in blue, I'm sure you'll look better in it anyway. I always felt awkward when riding a yellow bike. 😢

you need to drink a Labbats BLUE with your Cordon BLUE dinner and eat some BLUE Bell Ice Cream for dessert.

look on the bright side, you changed your valves less than my buddy on the crf250x. he only had to do it 4 times this year.

I think we could also contribute some of it to first year issues. I love m yBlue bike, but I also know that the crf vastly outsold the rest of the baby thumpers. I believe this had something to do with Yamaha investing so heavily in a 250 2 stroke bike, when thumpers are the rage. JMHO

If nothing else I wish Yamaha would update that silly looking silencer on these things. It's uh-uh-ugly and doesn't look the least bit trick or efective... whether it is or not.

But, if that's the one complaint I end up with, hey... I'll take it.

~Tex

Deja Blue

And I'll make sure I shower before I pick up the bike. I dont' want to get any yellow on it. Who know if that stuff's contagious

I have an 04 Crf250r. I've had the valves replaced once and adjusted about 15 times 😢 !! I got an 05 yz250f about three weeks ago and the red isnt contagious. My blue bike runs all the time and it runs a hell of a lot faster!

Brought the new baby blue home today. Going to take her out tomorrow, and I expect I won't be disappointed.

...she sure is purdy.

While I was browsing the shop waiting for my paperwork, the guy told me to pick up the new 125... that thing is a feather!! Not just the aluminum frame... look at the motor cases. It looks like a Honda Trail 70. I'd never go back, but it's a pretty impressive design.

~Tex

'05 YZF

Glad to see you made it over here Tex! It's kinda exciteing to see posts that don't involve a valve fix, or getting told your a moron with maintenance because of it. And yes, with a good desanitizer the yellow/green will come off 😢 . The bike is sweet! The first thing I noticed was the forks, they rock. They inspire quite a bit of confidance, soak up everything. The only problem is the white creases when you go down, but a heat gun takes them right out! I'll take that over pushing the greeny off the track after a get-off anyday 😢

It's good to be back over here. Yes... I was over here before the RMZ. I rode the Yamies from '01 till the RMZ.

You called it though Locust... people over in the Limon camp keep saying it's a maintanance thing. That's hogwash. But.. I'm not going to go there. It was EXTREMELY muddy today, so my ride was of the slow and short variety because it was just not passable. I'm looking forward to a real ride on the new bike.

I was happy to see it came with Renthals this year, but what's up with the bend? Might just be me, but I think they feel kinda funky. I always rode my Yamahas with the CR-Hi bend.

~Tex

'05 YZF

Just like to add that I am now a proud owner of my first Yami. I've ridden red and yellow and I've never been more excited about riding. The Suzi had me ready to give up on racing. What a drag. Anyway, I've been a proud owner of an '02 250f for two weeks and I'm never going back.

If I were you I would try my hardest to wait for the 06 YZ250f. That is going to be one bad mofo with that aluminum frame. I also heard that for the YZ250 Yamaha had a whole new engine design just like the YZ125 but they shelfed it. They may put it in the 06 YZ250. That will also be one bad Mofo wait......... It already is!!!!!!