Sign in to follow this  

Racing a 300ex

Does anybody else think its crazy to race a 300ex? My friend thinks he will win Quad C class on his non modified 300ex, besides a White Brothers E-Series slip on pipe, when that pipe adds nothing to his quad cept it sounds a little different, but basically I wouldn't reccomend that pipe for any quads, and people say in the YZ250F forum its bad on their bikes. I know its the rider not the machine, but I don't know in this case.

We have a few guys around here riding 300's in the b class and one in the pro. With most quad races, the guys all bunny hop all of the jumps so when you get a rider who is not scared to air it out, they smoke the pack everytime, no matter what they are riding.

Just let him run what he brung. Does he need a newer design quad to race? If he goes and does bad, oh well. But if he goes and does good, well to bad for the other guys. He just spent less than them and had just as much, if not more fun.

I had a 93 300ex and I loved that thing, plus it hardly ever boke down.

i just found out my track is going to have a blaster class for blasters and 300 4 strokes...so that will suite that quad better.