Power Up Kit for 230 How much difference?

Hummmmmmm cut the spark arrestor screen hu?????? well be careful not to start a fire in brush.

so much for the green sticker.........

Dude, i would be careful cutting the backfire screen- that is there so your filter doesn't get scorched. Most guys that take or cut that out use a flame retardent filter along with that mod. Get some info before you light a fire under your own ass!

I agree /w/ 250Thumpher ,

The spark arrestor is there only to stop sparks from exiting the tail pipe and catching a fire. There is no way for the spark to; exit the engine, move out the header, some how turn and suck into the airbox, and catch a fire under you ass. I am guessing you have misinterpreted. ?

Actually, you can have a fire. On 4-strokes, under decel the bike can backfire, sending flames into the airbox. The purpose of the screen is to prevent the filter from catching on fire.

You are confusing the screen in the airbox for the spark arrestor on the exhaust tip.

i cut my spark arestor out of my exhaust and i havnt had a problem except for some people say its loud i say its just right. not much more power than just removing the baffle but i like it loud

Not trying to offend you but uhhhh.....CUTTING OUT YOUR SPARK ARRESTOR WAS A IDIOTIC IDEA

You know what happens when you have no spark arrestor???? you go on a trail ride, and a couple hours later a spark from your exhaust catches fire, and there is a huge forest fire and guess what..... your billed with 20 million dollars of damage.

(true story happend to sum1 in washington riding a UN-sparkarrested 2-smoke)

So unless you only do track riding i advise you go to www.ronayers.com and order a new end cap with a spark-arrestor. Unless you wanna start a fire Sparky.

i cut my spark arestor out of my exhaust and i havnt had a problem except for some people say its loud i say its just right. not much more power than just removing the baffle but i like it loud

I hope you are joking?

Ummm... The spark arrestor has no influence on the loudness of your bike.

To answer the question of the power up kit, it definitely gave the bike more punch but I also think it made it run a little rougher. I had two 230's, one with the power up and one without. Although I liked the tiny bit of extra power on the uncorked one, I actually liked riding the "stock" one better.

First, there have been at least a million posts dealing with this, dating back to when the crf150 and 230 came out. If you do a search, you will find everything you need to know. But basically the so-called "power up" kit is basically nothing mnore than more coorect jetting, since it comes lean from the factory. It just carberates better and lets the bike run smother and farther. And since it puts a bigger main in there, it lets it rev more. There are better explainations out there if you do a search.

cutting the spark arrestor dosent add njoise but the bigger opening in the end cap adds noise

Originally Posted by CRF_RIDER230

TODD24 I hope you are joking?

What would i be joking about?