Sign in to follow this  

250x right for me??

hey i'm lookin in to getting a crf250x. I comin off a suped up xr100. I'm 14, i weigh 125, and i'm 5'9 and a half. i mostly like riding and the track, but i still go one trails ever time i go riding. would it be good on the track?my other choices are kx100((not really sure about that),or a 125 two stroke. I dont want a red sticker though.Can someone tell me what i should get for my next bike?you could IM me at metalmulisha189

I think you mean you want a green sticker. It is great on the track, specially coming off a XR100.

i know i dont want a red sticker, i want a green sticker. my friend has a red sticker and he barely gets to ride at carnegie,hollister hills,(those are state OHV parks in cali) So he has to ride at the private owned places, which charge usually $20 to get in. and the state parks charge only $5, and state parks have, WAAAYYYY more land to ride on.

Its heavier. I think thats the only downfall, because I consider estart, 18"wheel, wide ratio box, and more power down low that usable all good things. Maybe not the best for racing MX. You have to basically look at what type of riding youll be doing the most and decide from there.

i rather have it more off a offroad bike than mx,cause that snappy power is not good for trails and i think the crf250x power would be fine for tracks, just not as good as mx bikes, i'm i right?

i rather have it more off a offroad bike than mx,cause that snappy power is not good for trails and i think the crf250x power would be fine for tracks, just not as good as mx bikes, i'm i right?

you are correct