Sign in to follow this  

04 vs 05 RMZ?

I just sold my 04 rmz, I haven't yet decided on a replacement, I thought I might go back to a two stroke but after a few test rides I think maybe I've been spoiled for life by these 250fs! I got a test ride on a cr250f and it was more impressive than last years model but I really like the rmz power traits. Can anyone give me a comparison on power between the 04 and 05 RMZs. Also just for the record I never had any problems with my RMZ , a little hard to start sometimes, thats about it.

Thanks

I know of only 1 person so far that has come off of an '04 and got on an '05.

He's an upper class B rider.

When I asked how they compared, he said that he thought the '04 had a tad more power than the '05.

Other than that, he said there is no noticable difference.

same bike with reliability upgrades just sold my 05 250f had 20+ rides and not one problem

The hard starting is supposed to be fixed this year too, but I've never had any problems. Power is about the same, the 05 has a tad more on the top but loses some on the bottom.

Last year i was riding an 04 rmz250 with a 262 big bore kit on it. I recently purchased an 05 rmz250 and what a difference there is. I had the suspension done by KPS on the 04 and the stock suspension on the 05 is almost just as good right out of the box. The engine is incredibly fast compared to the 04. It has a much wider powerband and pulls much better on top. I never had any cooling or valve problems on the 04 and im hoping the 05 treats me the same way. Overall though, the 05 is a much better bike, night and day difference compared to the 04. Im very satisfied with my choice. 😢

Hey Jetblknewyear

Do you think the 05 has lost anything on the bottom? Do you track or trail?

Thanks for the posts!

I race motocross, just got moved up to B class this year along with about 70 others in district 6. as for the bike though there really is nothing noticeable in the bottome end. They basically kept all the bottom end power from the 04 and added a good amount of top end power for the 05. No matter what temperature the bike is at it starts in 2-3 kicks max, even after crashing. Runs perfect with stock gearing and jetting. Probably gonna re-jet thought since its getting cold over here in NJ.