Sign in to follow this  

Article on off-roading in Riverside County

I didn't know they are going to close Elsinore Motocross Park. I took my son there on the 29th of Nov. for the first time. Team Suzuki was there riding, and my son went up and talked to Bubba Stewart. What a bummer its going to close.

Are the house owners going to close the airfield too? Bueamont in 2 yrs? lets push them to place decibel limits on Harley's first!!! Yeah I am pissed.. so much for our red/green sticker funds!!!!

How the heck does throwing a party lead you to believe you shouldnt be able to ride your bike?

"If you live in a (housing) tract, you can't have a party at 2 in the morning or a strip club," said Koe Johnson, who resides in the Gavilan Hills area east of Lake Elsinore. Neither, she said, should one be able to ride a motorcycle off-road in a residential area.

That makes no sense at all. I think I'm going to start calling the sheriff about the baby next door that keeps breaking the noise curfew everynight cryin at 110dB for it's momma at 3am! Then we can start addressing the "noise pollution" my little thumper causes. Oh yea, and I think diapers are more harmful to the environment than my tire running down a trail. If your wondering why I'm mad at neighbors babies, one just woke me up.

I read on another thread that the owners of LEMP signed a 3-year agreement with the property owner so that the track will remain open for at least the next 3 years in it's current location. If and when they build houses on the current location, they (city) have set aside about 60 acres on the other side of the airport for the MX tracks. Apparently the MX park has the blessing of the city.

does anybody have more info or backround to this story. i want to do a business law presentation on this and more info would be great. thanks alot.

This was posted over on proride.com by a guy(slowdad on proride) who I believe works at Elsinore.

"spoke to mr hiner today,,,,obviously the crew at lemp is pretty upset with all the rumors going around so this post is intended to put some of this stuff to bed for good.

as of this week a contract was signed with the home developers and the operators at elsinore. there is a 3 yr agreement in place. the tracks and the developer are in agreement,,,not much is going to change for the next 3 yrs. when the developer gets to the 4th phase of the project,,,they will see what needs to be done to keep things as is or decide on changes needed. both parties think the development and the track can co-exist. but,,just in case it cant,,,60 acres has been set aside by the city, and the operators at lemp, on the other side of the airport. if necessary,,,they will rebuild in this new area. and guess what people,,the city is behind them and supports the plans. the city supports the ideas and want to keep the facility open to the public.

so there you have it,,as i know it from the owners today 12-04-04. so if someone would do me a huge favor and post this info over on motonews,,i would greatly appreciate it.

now for some more good news

the main track will be cut back to where it has been for the past 2-3 weeks. they are going to make it a little more technical and make it a little more fun and a little more difficult.

a new track,,,which is going to be very beginner,vet friendly will be put in next to the main. its gonna have s type turns,safe tables and stuff of that nature.

the existing vet track will get some needed changes and look for it to get a little more technical,,probally similar to the race track in terms of obstacle difficulty

the race is being drained,,dam rain,,and will open and close with the rain situation,,,,the track is righ in the path of the drain slopes and its getting killed. im sure they are working on some ideas

big news,,,,,,flat track is going bye bye,,,,and a supercross track will probably be goinng in very soon. im very sure it will be for pros only but nothing has been finalized

hope this clears some things up,,,phil if you want to make it a sticky for a wek or so,,go ahead

any questions,,,contact monica at the track . im there alot,,so stop by and say hey,,ill answer anything i can"