Sign in to follow this  

Which triple clamps are good quality?

I'm looking to get triple clamps (w/ risers) for my 02 TT-R125L. They will need to fit a Protaper bar. I've looked at the BBR triples, the triples from http://www.rswracing.com/ and the ones from http://www.precision-racing-components.com/#.

So far I see that:

-the BBR ones fit Protaper bars, and they have the risers. ~$200

-the RSW fits 1 1/8" as well, but don't know about risers. ~$95

-the PRC ones have risers, but don't say anything about fitting a 1 1/8" bar. $???

For somebody that constantly bends bars, which are good quality triples and which are lesser quality?

Thank you for any help!

Antonio

Antonio, try (www.regerengineering.com) they are a NorCal company based out of Scotts Valley. I have a set of their XR100 clamps, and a friend has a set for the TTR, no complaints from either. They range from $100-150.00. By the way $180.00 for the BBR clamps seems fair (going rate).

Good luck, Robbrt

Cool, and that's just up the hill from me. Seems that their prices went up though:

http://www.regerengineering.com/yattr125trcl.html

TTR 125 Triple Clamp with 1 1/8 inch Bar Mounts - Blue Anodized pad

$189.95

I guess that the BBR is pretty reasonable at $180 after all, cool. Just wanted to make sure that I did my research and that I wasn't paying too much. 😢

😢

I have a PRC upper clamp on the CRF150 I bought. It is set up for 1 1/8" bars. Great quality! I just contacted them by e mail about a higher set of risers. They responded quickly and the price is reasonable.

Call Reger, say you saw a set on E-bay. They have them on there for $100.00, but I'm not sure what size/color that's for. By the way PRC does a great job also. You cant go wrong W/ BBR,PRC,or Reger.

-Robbrt

PRC quoted me $45. plus shipping for custom 1 1/8" risers. My stockers are about 35mm to the bar mount centerline. I want about an 1" higher riser and they said no problem, just tell them how high you want your bars.

😢😢

I have the BBR clamp it works grate and looks killer and drops the forks 1 inch for more travel, I got it for $179.00 @ www.mx-performance.com I have the BBR pipe and springs to and I want to get the swingarm its killer, hope this helps.

I am the one that makes rswracing triple and fork braces. I can make risers as tall as you like. My new triples have 4 mounting positions. Forward or back. Email me ron@rswracing.com

I have a RSW one. Its great and you can't beat the price.