Sign in to follow this  

Strongest bars (Protaper, Renthal fatbars, etc?)

I'm looking for stronger bars on my TT-R125L. I bend them often enough doing TT, MX, and flat tracking, and I'd like to bolt on something that can take a real beating. I've heard good things about the Protapers and Renthal Fatbars.

I have a few questions about bars:

Which are stronger?

What bend is closest to the stock bar?

Is there really a big deal about using a stiff bar? Does it beat up your hands/arms as much as I've heard?

What is a 'mini-bar'?

Thanks to all that respond! I appreciate all the help guys, here's to ya. 😢

BTW, I have another thread up about triples as well:

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1543352#post1543352

I like pro tapers cause they take a beating when I toss my YZ. I have had them on for 4 years on this bike and just put them on my sons YZ80 last year. I have not bought him a set of bars yet. I made him a triple clamp because of the solid mount and I didn't want to bolt risers on. I also make triples for the TTR125's check them out at www.rswracing.com

Renthal Twinwalls are the strongest bars you can get. If you shop around you can get them for $99 or slightly less (EBAY). Also, don't be lulled into the whole ProTaper thing. The Renthal Fatbar is about $30 less and is stronger because the inner diameters are 5mm all the way through where the PT goes down to 4.5mm at certain areas. Some other companies are also getting in on the low cost bars and they will be just as good if not better than PT's.