Sign in to follow this  

Water pump fix.. drain engine oil?

I'm set to fix the leaky waterpump b4 it happens but i just discovered that i need to get the whole engine case cover out and not just the water pump cover.

The million dolar question is... that means i have to drain the engine oil right? That also means i have to put 1.7 litres of new engine oil back after the fix right?

Does anyone has a real pic of where the RTV is applied to cos from the web it looks really general. I get all confused from searching the previous posts...

And what's the amount of RTV to use... whole gunk of RTV, a bead etc... can someone help me and be a lil bit more specific 😢 Thanks guys. 😢

You can lean or lay the bike over on its side, that is what I did. The rtv is applied to the small void under the seal. I am sure someone will post a link to the photo, just be patient. good luck 😢

wow u layed the bike on its side.. maybe i should try... i hwte to change the oil cos i just changed them an only went dualsporting for maybe less than 200miles

That was the photo I was talking about 😢 . Make sure you fill the void, and get the ceramic-rubber seal pressed all the way in. When I first did it, mine was not quite in all the way. Then I could not get it back together correctly. Thanks Burned for posting that photo again. 😢