RPM Counter / REV Counter

it includes a tacho, goes to 10,000RPM in 20 rpm incriments if I remember correctly. It's a bit slow to update (about 0.5 sec I guess). I paid about $140 from a Honda stealer, which I thought was pretty good as the standard moto minder is about $130.

I recently bought a used tachometer from Yamaha (an inductive one), see link.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessories/acscitemdetail.aspx?lid=3&cid=34&mid=46&conid=5&connavid=370&sconnavid=1974&yr=All&pg=1&pid=1931

First I fitted I to my car since I wanted it to “start” at 100 hours instead of 96.3 hours. That was extremely easy took 30 seconds and three plastic straps. Yesterday I tried to fit it to my bike, an WR250F 2003. It should have been very easy but I was fooled by a rumor that said that it was possible to wrap the wire around the orange wire leading to the sparkplug ? . The rumor stated that you just needed to warp it 6-10 times around instead of 3 if you have an WR -02. I can now kill that rumor ? . I tried to wrap the wire 6 times around, 12 times around. I tried to wrap it around the black wire and so on. The fact of the matter is that you need to wrap the inductive wire around the inductive sparkplug coil. Once I did that everything worked fine. It’s not pretty but it works…

So in conclusion, if you wrap the inductive wire a round the inductive sparkplug coil straight a way, the mounting of the tachometer is very easy and it should not take more than 20-30 minutes all in all (removing the tank, wrapping and strapping the wire, put back tank).

Hope this helps some what and good luck ? .

/Magnus

You may want to consider a G.P.T. engineering tacho.

See:

http://www.gpt.it/power%20rpm%20english.htm

Larger display than the others and more flexible:

Digital Multifunctional Engine Tachemeter, universal applications 2 or 4 strokes, from 1 to 24 cilinders, max 25.000 rpms, alarm limit rpm engine hours

Has a refresh rate of a little less than 0.5s

Distributors in most countries

Will readily adapt to your next 24 cylinder dirtbike.

Some interesting bike management technology from this

company as well.

Garry