Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha part #'s

I looked on Yamaha of Troy website for different part #'s but they do not list the oem #'s.Where can I find oem part #'s to do some cross referencing?

Currently looking to see if yz radiators would cross over to a wr and still retain the wr plastic.

Let me know! Thanks!!!!

Mark

Drats!!! Wouldn't you know it, the rad. on a yz are different part #'s!!! Thanks guys!!!!

Mark

I had this same issue a couple of months ago. The numbers when cross referenced didn't match so I played it safe and ordered a WR radiator from local dealer. I have since found out that when you change gas tanks on the WR you have to use the YZF shrouds. Also IMS sells replacement radiators that fit WR or YZF. I believe the radiators are the same despite different part numbers. Hope it helps. 😢

I have since found out that when you change gas tanks on the WR you have to use the YZF shrouds.

WRF shrouds will fit on a YZF-tank equipped WRF;

they bend outward a minscule amount, that's all.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

What was the name of the place that was mentioned here that rebuilds/repairs these radiators?

Thanks!!!

Mark

WRF shrouds will fit on a YZF-tank equipped WRF;

On the 01-02 models both the tank and the radiators were wider so the shrouds were identicle. This would cause the slight fitment problem that wrooster described but they would still work. On the 03+ models, only the WR radiatiors are wider as the tank shape has been redesigned. As such, the YZ and WR actually use different shrouds. However, unless you are changing your radiators the shrouds should work and should fit just fine.