Tire question-So-Cal terrain...

Got a 03 CRF450...I ride mostly Jawbone Canyon/Dove Springs/Mojave Desert in So-Cal with occasional trips to Starwest or Lake Elsinore track. I'm thinking a good intermediate tire like the Maxxis IT but would it be wise to go up a size to the 120 from the 110 Dunlop I currently ride? I've run Michelin's, Dunlops, etc but all 110/90/19..anybody like the 120? Any negatives to running that size? Thanks....

I run a Maxxis IT 110 down here with good results.

I am quite impressed with the wear. Kinda tough to mount yourself though.

I was going to get the 120(they didn't have any in stock). But the 110 works good. I think the 120 is considerably larger and may result in excess chain rub (my chain hits the 110 as it is when it gets a little loose)

Also remember the Maxxis is a heavier tire. Wonder how much more the 120 weighs than the 110 ??

FYI: I'm probably sticking with 110 in future based on above

is the 120 from Bridgestone as big as the Maxxis 120 though? Tire sizes don't always seem to jive. (michelins run small)

I have heard the Maxxis 120 is pretty huge.

I used 120 Dunlops no problem. To be honest though. I can't tell much difference between 110 and 120. The extra chain rub and excess weight don't seem worth it for me. No, I can't tell the weight difference... but it is rotating mass... and I know it is has an effect.... so i TRY to keep it down.

I already have to run the Bridgestone Ultra Heavy Duty Tubes which weigh a ton compared to normal tubes(i get flats a lot).

You'll be fine with the 120. I was merely giving my choice/opinion.