Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a pair of boots good for dualsporting

My XT350 is going to be my main mode of transportation now and I'm buying gear. I plan to do about 70% on-road and 30% off-road, and I'm at beginner off-road level. I plan on riding on mostly hardpack trails, maybe some mud since it's rainy season here in San Diego. What I am looking for is a pair of boots that will provide good protection on asphalt as well as on dirt.

I've never tried on a pair of street motorcycle boots but ideally I would like something that's comfortable enough to walk around in for a little while after I get off my bike and have to do grocery shopping or something like that. Would I be able to find a boot like this that also offers comparable protection for dirt? I don't know much about boots here and it looks like I might need to pick up two pairs of them. Unless protective street boots aren't comfortable to walk around in at all either, in which case I wouldn't mind carrying a pair of shoes with me.

As far as MX boots, I was looking at Tech 8s, Vectors, and Oxtar TCX Pros. Anyone ever walked to class in a pair of Tech 8s or anything, haha?

I have a pair of the Vectors. They are pretty darn comfortable to walk around in. I am not sure about all day in them, but they are very comfortable. 😢

They are really a cross between MX and street style boots.

MX boots are for offroading and designed to protect from off road obstacles and jumping etc...

If they are comfortable enough to wear all day they won't be very good protection in the dirt. I would buy some good leather boots or shoes for the street and buy some good boots for the dirt.

I have the Oxtar Comps and am very happy with them but, would not wear them for anything other than Offroading. I wear some Sketcher mid boots for the street stuff or the occasional fire road find on my XR650L.

My .02

Boots.. ,, I realize some what a soft, easy going boot for DS rides,, One they can move about camp in as if they were wearing shoes.. Or Stop on the trail and hike about some.. BUT,, The Off Road boot is there to protect your foot,,, and it can not do so,, if not built to the highest levels of protection.. If you venture off road,, even 1% you need the best protection boot your foot fits.. Tech 8, Fox, SIdi, what ever. The one time you need it,, and do not have it.. you'll wish you did.. And it will be too late.

Get tech *'s or the like,, and strap a pair of running shoes on the fender, for camp.

What bronco said! I have the Fox Forma Pros and carry Solomon hiking boots with me when we dual sport overnight.