Sign in to follow this  

Q's for JD-WR426

JD,

Like everyone else before, I have the dreaded bog off idle (when the throttle is wacked.) So bad that it would kill the bike. It became more noticeable when I did the YZ cam Mod. I did the BK mod and it helped (bike doesen't die). I have read all the other posts looking for the fix. Still confused so I ordered your jetting kit. Are there any other jets (leak, etc) that I need to purchase while I'm waiting on your kit in the mail? Are there any mods I still need to do?

I ride in SoCal from sea level to 2500ft.

01WR426-YZ cam mod, Air box lid off, FMF Q pipe, BK mod set to .4 sec, Grey wire removed. Stock jetting-165MJ, 42PJ, stock needle set on 4th clip

Thanks,

CAlm

I'm having the same problem with my 99 wr400. I have done the power now, fmf Q with power bomb, gray wire, and zip Ty fuel screw. When the throttle is whacked the bike will hesitate or die. I'm very bummed because when I bought the bike a few mouth ago it had no hesitation off idle, and now it does. Any help from the gurus would be cool.

The bog was always there but hardly noticable while riding. I did the yz cam mod and I wanted it to really snap off idle. But even with the BK mod set to .4 sec it still would cough and once and awhile die. Better then before the BK mod when it would just die.

I have also tried turning in and out the air/fuel screw, and moved the clip up and down by one. But the bog didn't get better.

Try the settings in the jetting kit instructions. No other parts are needed normally. Set the fuel screw close to 2 turns out to richen the idle mixture slightly and keep a fast idle.

The WR is more sensitive to bogging than the YZ due to the heavier flywheel and more restrictive exhaust. Test the response with the bike fully hot after riding for ~20 minutes and only be concerned if a bog occurs while riding.

Thanks,

James