Sign in to follow this  

YZ250F bent subframe

does any one have any tips or know how to straighten the subframe 😢

i bent mine and my dad took some wood and vice grips and bar clamps.. than heated it a little JUST a little.. and he just turned the bar camps and it started to to form back..

do u heat i when using a crowbar, and do u have to get it perfectly straight (would a level work?)

I used a long piece of pipe and just tweaked it a little at a time and then stood back and looked at it. it straighted out fine.

Yeah, if you need to get it red hot to bend it, say goodby to it.

The problem is that aluminum doesn't get red. Using a torch to heat it, it will sort of develop a "skin" on the outside, and seem to melt inside of that. Your first clue will be when it falls on the floor in a puddle.

If you use heat, do so very carefully. You need to have bending pressure on the part so that you can tell when it softens, but you have to strike a balance between the heat and pressure. Too much pressure too cold can crack the tubing. Too much heat and it's gone.

Try to do what you can without heat and see how it responds. Use pieces of wood to prevent denting the tubing. There's a lot of "feel" and judgment involved in something like this, and unfortunately, that can only come with experience.

If you doubt your ability at any point, don't be afraid to ask a pro.

Good Luck

😢

if i cant straighten it my uncle was telling me of a titamium subframe he got for $150 online, anyone have one?

How hard do u have to fall to bend your frame cause i fell off a cliff and my sub frame didnt bend??

Or was i just lucky 😢

its not how hard its usualy how

casing a doubble and landing on the subframe would do it