Sign in to follow this  

Which is the best Motocross magazine??

I'm getting into this motocross stuff pretty hardcore 😢 and I need something to sit in the magazine rack next to the sh!tter. What's your opinions on the different magazines?

I took a look at RacerX, Transworld Motocross, Motocross action and a few others. Some of them look good, others look like just a pretty cover. I like to read technical stuff as well as racers experience and stories.

😢 I appreciate the feedback 😢

RacerX is my favorite - because they don't have bike tests or tech stuff. It is mainly about racers and stuff that goes on in the sport. And, I've subscribed to them all...

"CYCLENEWS"

The racers newspaper 😢

If you race and win (or top 3)it's neat seeing your name in the results check to see if your local track posts their race results in Cyclenews and if they don't have them start.

You get one each week and the info is up to date not 3 months old like the others. 😢😢😢

ditto on cycle news. lots of reading and the local races are the shiz if u get in the results. the new all color format is awesome.

I can tell you one that isn't the best.....Yama errr Motocross Action. I still subscribe to them but it's purely for the ad content. I also like to follow the blatent bias toward Yamaha they've had over the past half dozen years.

I can tell you one that isn't the best.....Yama errr Motocross Action. I still subscribe to them but it's purely for the ad content. I also like to follow the blatent bias toward Yamaha they've had over the past half dozen years.

Bet you like Dirt Rider too, aren't they pro Honda... 😢

All the American mags suck, their are too many ads. Especially Transworld MX. I say ADB (Australasian Dirt Bike Magazine)

Is there such a thing? Most all mags are full of poser crap and $5,000 hop-ups. Check our Dirt Rider. IT sucks as an "all-around" dirt bike mag. It seems pretty heavily slanted toward MX to me.

RacerX best for whats going on in the sport

Dirt Bike has real good technical info. Just my 2-cents 😢

Being a off-road rider I like Dirt Rider the best. Being a fan of MX I get the best event coverage from TV and cyclenews.com. In my opinion reading event coverage in the magazines is a couple months behind and not interesting. I wonder why the magazine editors don't recognize this and change their coverage bias a little?

1. RacerX

2. TWMX

3. DirtRider

4. The Racing Paper

5. Cycle News

6. Dirtbike

If MXRacer was still in print, they would be #2 - (and i don't mean pooh) - MXRacer had some of the best journalistic photography this sport has ever gotten, their format was unique and the writing was great, but nobody really gave 'em a chance. I hope they come back. Anyways, RacerX can't be beat for sheer volume. Lately, it takes abouta week to get through all the articlles in RacerX whereas I can usually read through an entire issue of the other magazines in a day. Dirtbike is the most useless to me personally because it's all about old farts on trail bikes.

Race results are obsolete as soon as the race ends thanks to the computer in front of you. Racer X is by far the best, lots to read, behind the scenes kinda stuff. Most of the others your done with in one visit to the reading room. MIKE

1. MXA best technical stuff.

2. TWMX A little of everything.

3. MXRacer out of print.

4. RacerX lifestyle stuff.

That is how I rate them. MXA can be Yammy biased. Dirt Rider is Honda biased. I did get a kick out of a story in Dirt rider a few months ago about a "Average Joe" hop up on a YZ250F. After I added up the total bill, it around $9500 buckes. I guess my resources are way below average.......lol

if your buying/riding/or hopping up a bike then

MXA

DIRT BIKE

DIRT RIDER............and no b.s. freestyle crap(yea the jumps are crazy

but who cares) it aint racing

RACER X if your really interested in how these guys live(they also have

the best website)

Dirt Bike is the most useless POS excuse for a magazine I have ever seen or read. About 14 pages, half of which are advertising. And then it's just warmed-over useless BS about trail bikes.

I subscribe to the ones below and think they all have strong (and weak) points:

Transworld

MXA

RacerX

Dirt Rider is OK as well, but I don't subscribe.

You can always spot a honda rider by his stance on MXA. 😢

Maybe you'll jump on the bandwagon now that MXA really, really likes the 05 crf450 and really liked the 04 crf450. They like the crf250's ergo's and suspension but like the yzf's motor better.

I think the other mags criticisms are too soft. they never seem to give good reasons why they prefer one over the other. One year Dirt Bike or Dirt rider, I can't remember which, had a shootout and had bikes ranked by categories. Yamaha won each category but the final question for judgement to the test riders was "which bike would you buy and race". Riders chose the Honda so Honda won that shootout.

I jsut get a kick out of the red riders who hate MXA because MXA ragged on the Honda suspension for so many years.