Sign in to follow this  

BBR pipe for ttr125le

has anyone compared how much louder the BBR exhaust is over the stock pipe w/ the airbox mod.I have heard the BBR stuff before and it is ridiculously loud and would irritate any neighbors in my area for a half mile.I want power but not at the expense of losing riding time on my property by the noise police.If the BBR system is that much louder than the stock pipe w/ airbox modification than maybe a radial exhaust (engines only) would be better.

Thanks

The BBR pipe is louder than stock. You can change the BBR pipe noise level with an exhaust tip from a stock Honda XR100 pipe and it will quiet it substantially, while still getting that extra hp. The air filter mod is a good change for much less coin.

thanks for the tip.I should have stated the bike is currently getting the frame cradle/bbr air filter system and bbr exhaust system.bbr also has a combination spark arrester/quiet core type insert for about $35.Is this any better of a noise reducer or should I visit the Honda shop for xr 100 exhaust tip.

You are probably fine with the BBR quiet core. I still believe it is louder than the XR100 tip, but not by much.

take the end off your stock pipe when you want the power and put it back on when you need the silence

The BBR pipe is louder than the stock pipe because the stock pipe puts out about 80db and the BBR puts out about 90db. When you first put the new pipe on it will sound alot louder because the stock pipe is super quiet, you will get use to the noise and realise that it is not as loud.

I can't wait to see what the new D-shape exhaust will be like. I'm hoping for a little more HP with it.

it better make more power if they're gona charge an extra $70. The BBR seem obnoxious when you're on the bike at first but is very reasonable.

I was allready talking to them about when it would be available. I waiting on a box full of BBR goodies and the exhaust is one that is conspicously missing.