Sign in to follow this  

Carbon Fiber Works Rad Guards on 05 X??

Has anyone had success installing CFW radiator guards on an '05 X? I got mine Friday and they do not appear to be made properly. When I install the guard using the inside radiator mounting bolts, the outside bolt holes appear to be more than 1/4" off from where they need to be. ???

I have them on my '04X? I'd call them to make sure you got the right part number. I also use the Works Connection braces and they make a bomber combo but costs a bit.

I have them on my '04X? I'd call them to make sure you got the right part number. I also use the Works Connection braces and they make a bomber combo but costs a bit.

Yeah, I've already got the WC braces and they fit perfectly. The CFW package says they are for a CRF250 - so I asked the vendor whether they'd fit and '05 X, and they said yes. Now that I know you have them on your '04, I'll verify with CFW. Thanks.

I also saved the original white plastic louvers and put them over the CFW rad guards. I had to cut them at the top to get the steering to full chock and cut some at the bottom to clear the fender. It was good for about a 10 degree drop in running temp. 😢