Sign in to follow this  

Carburetor Vent Problem

I am hoping some of you have already experienced the problem I am about to describe and that you have cost efficient and reliable solution....

I own a 2004 CRF450. On the left side of the carburetor right next to the choke pull is a part brass part plastic vent T-fitting with two vent tubes coming off of it. Somehow the hard plastic portion of this fitting on my bike has been broken. I contacted my honda dealer for a replacement and was told that they do not offer a replacement fitting and that the only solution is REPLACING THE ENTIRE CARBURETOR......AT NEARLY $600!!!!!

this plastic fitting cannot be literally more than a 3 cent part. I have had two mechanic buddies look at it. We have thought about pulling or drilling out the pressed fitting and attempting to replace it with similar fitting from an auto parts store, but if that experiment doesn't work, then we have truly destroyed an otherwise perfectly good carb. I am hoping tht some of you have sound solution to the problem.

Call Sudco. Not sure of the number, but use a search engine to find the web site. They have all kinds of small FCR parts. Not sure if they sell this "T" fitting, or even if it is replacable, but you might call them and ask their opinion.

Thanks for the suggestions...

I will start with Sudco before we try a modification. Hard to believe that Honda does not offer a replacement part.

was hoping one of you guys might have encountered this problem before....