Sign in to follow this  

Can i remove thew oxidation from my exhaust?

I've been working hard trying to do my 00 yz 426 up and make it shine again. I need to know if i can remove the oxidation from the header and mid pipe with anything? Here's a pic.

yamaha-yz426f-00-bikepics-254251.jpg

The pipe is all brown and dull. Anybody know a good product?

I've used a product called simichrome. I get my supply from work, try to google it I'm sure you'll find places that sell it. Good Luck

Use this stuff called Zyphur. I have only been able to find it at the Kenworth dealer here in town. It works better than anything I have found. If it is real bad you can use some Naval Jelly and very fine steel Wool

I use Flitz. It's a chrome and steel cleaning paste. I used to shine the Vance and Hines pipe on my streetbike and it worked out awesome. I haven't used it on my thumper...yet. I just got a new exhaust, but I might try to shine up my stock pipes just for giggles. Oh yeah it's great for rims too.

mike 😢

What kind of street bike you ride? I ride a 01 ZX9R with lots of goodies on it. I might try the flitz and see what i get. I'm going to repack my muffler today, and maybe finish up the first wave of my project.

Is flitz anything like mothers aluminum polish? I tried that already.

Is flitz anything like mothers aluminum polish? I tried that already.

I never did like Mothers. Especially after using Zypher. I cleaned my wheels on my car with Mother's and my buddy cleaned one wheel with the Zyper. I was sold on it. there was no comparison!