Sign in to follow this  

CRF 450 R TO YZ 450 F Conversion

I have an 05 CRF arriving in the New Year.

I currently ride an 04 WR 450 F & it fits me perfect. The WR is a big bike.

I'm above average height at 6' 1" & weigh 220.

I'm not overly tall..... Will i have to invest in Low Boy pegs, tall seat, risers or taller handle bars 😢

Should i just get the YZ..... which is better suited to taller riders.

Considering i already have to order a chain, & to add all these other accessories to make the bike fit 😢

Can i just get away with the bars or a set of risers ???

Will the original seat cover fit a tall foam ???

Also are CR High bars made by Renthal sufficient to add a little bar height.

Who in the hell makes Jimmy Button bends ??? The dealer had know clue 😢

I gota say...it is nice to have the big bike on the block.... a YZ is a giant next to the CRF. Although the CRF is king 😢 .... just wish it fit bigger riders like the YZ. Smaller riders can cope with a little larger bike....but if you are cramped....it sucks🤣

Help, before i change my mind & get the YZ.........which is what i had my noney on in the first place 😢

I am 6'3" and 200lbs now (was 245 a while back...) and as far as the height all I needed was a tall SDG seat and some tall bars of your choice. I do not like lowboy pegs...period. Big feet already have ground clearance issues so that for me, is not an option.

For a 220lb rider you are definitely going to want a 5.8 spring, maybe a 5.7 which might be "on the line"...and .49 front springs. And if you are a fast rider you may need to think about a revalve...

Jimmy button bend is Renthal as far as bars go, I ran them previously and loved them, although I switched to Faastco Flexx bars...

bars and risers with a seat and you will fit, i am big and lanky and don't fit much either( i kinda liked the old crf chassis ) but the new little 250 450 thing will be fine for you !!