Sign in to follow this  

Strange Get Off That Wasn't

Yesterday I was riding on an old dirt road that is now mostly covered in grass. It's wet and slippery out. The road at one point slopes slightly. I hit that slope and my back end slides out and I go down, but I didn't go down. It happened so fast that I didn't have time to even react and get my foot down so my feet stayed on the pegs. I am almost completely sideways, down far enough that my left peg is draging the ground and my handlebar is no more that about 6-10 inches off the ground and my leg/knee just touches the ground when I feel my back tire contact/kind of hit (strange feeling it happened so fast). I wicked the throttle wide open. Next thing I know I'm upright and riding down the road perfectly straight and stable. I stopped and composed myself, walked backed and looked at what had happened. I had slid sideways probably 10-15 feet when my back tire hit the side of a cutout at the lower edge of the road. When my tire hit that cutout and I gassed it, it through me back upright. I'll bet in my lifetime it never happens again.

That sounds neat, I could not tell you how many times something has happened that miracuously saves me from going down but as you noted it never happens in the same way twice.