Sign in to follow this  

Video : Clay Peak Cycle Park, Payette, Idaho

I took a friend of mine's son and his friend out to Clay Peak Cycle Park in Payette, Id last weekend for some winter riding. I love the facility and the scenery. The track is so fast and fun. I suggest anyone in the area who loves fast open mx tracks should check it out.

Some of the video is a little shaky (I let him video) 😢 but you should get the idea.

Later 😢

Video - 15MB

Nice job with the video - it downloaded very quickly for being so long. That looks like a fun track. You can sure tell what part of the track gets the sun and what doesn't - a very abrupt transition from snow to no-snow! Very nice job of mixing music with engine sounds - - just try to pick a day with fewer "earthquakes" next time 😢😢😢😢

wow that looks absolutely killer. I hope to ride something that fast and wide open someday! thanks for sharing!

That track looks like a blast! Where is Payette? How long of a drive from SLC?

bmac

holy k rap batman, snow on the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That track looks like alot of fun, riding mostly in a flat state, with flat tracks, natural terrain like that woiuld keep me smiling for months!!!!!!!!!

Its old school motocross style. Wide open speed and terrain changes. IF your looking for a jumpy track then this isn't for you. It does has several jumps in the middle and backside top. Not really table tops but "floaters" as I call them. Since you end up going so fast, the middle hill will just drop out from underneath you and you float down to the bottom. One of the intermediate riders went about 200 feet before touching down. Its got that step up you see in the video and a step off on top. Just one of those places you can pin her to the walls and go. 😢

That track looks like a blast! Where is Payette? How long of a drive from SLC?

I'd like to do a couple of Idaho trips next spring/summer Mac... you need to come w/. We won't mind having a pumpkin on the trailer. 😢

I'd like to do a couple of Idaho trips next spring/summer Mac... you need to come w/. We won't mind having a pumpkin on the trailer.

I'm in! I'll bring my boy though, so we'll put our pumpkins in the truck. That track looks like my kind of riding! Fast, sweeping, floater jumps, FUN!! 😢😢😢

bmac

I'm in! I'll bring my boy though, so we'll put our pumpkins in the truck. That track looks like my kind of riding! Fast, sweeping, floater jumps, FUN!! 😢😢😢

bmac

Now that you mention it, my boy will probably be riding his pumkin by then too - a year after I got it for him! 😢😢

We got started putting a few more "natural jumps" in, but winter put a hold on that. But they will be in for the WORCS race in April!

Cory

Does the track have a website? I'd like more info. Maybe I'll be in the WORCS race??? Does the WORCS have a peewee class? Thanks!

bmac