Sign in to follow this  

450r On Cocaine

i wanted to share with you guys first ride after : pc pipe,hot cam I and u4 fuel.

i have been riding my 04 for one year stock. thought it was time to KICK IT UP A NOTCH with some of the things i have seen here. first of all u4 smells great. i'm a old car road racer so that smell of race fuels just gets my blood boiling. the low-mid power has increased, pulls all the way to the rev limiter and gets there faster now, it has made a bike that is already great to ride a bike that is explosive when you feed it throttle. now i want the ign box the pro's run to increase the limiter, is this a good idea ? can this stock motor handle the extra rpm,s. also just wanted to praise tt and all of our members, it would have been awsome to have this back in the 80's 😢😢

its a very bad idea to increase your rev limit. CRFs have valve issues with their limit at 11,200. they don't make peak power at those kind of rpms anyway. especially with a stage 1 hot cam. with a stage 1, you're making power at a way lower rpm. so if i was you, i'd just leave well enough alone. it sounds like your bike hauls ass now. you might make it a little bit faster by changing ignitions, but you'll also decrease the life of your top end exponentially.

Hey Woody,

I'm in Columbus, where do you practice? I spent most of the summer down at New Vienna on my 97' CR250. Just got an 05' CRF450R a few weeks ago -I'm thinking I died and went to MX heaven compared to that clapped out 97' 2 stroker. I have only ridin' the 05' once, what a rocket!! Handled like nothing I have ever ridden. 😢

Brent

I have my own practice track,i live on a 5 acre farm,track is in 2 acre field,i have 5 friends that has helped me pay for the dirt we hauled in. its not a super cross track due to our kids learning to mx, but he have berms,jumps and woops. jumps are getting bigger as the kids learn to jump.

i will try, i do have a digital camera but have never posted pics. did you go to arena cross last week end, we rode sat then went down, my 9 yr old daughter said it was the most fun she has had in her life. wow. if you go to

http://www.americanmx.com/ you will find schedule to race or just watch.

That is cool you have your own track. My son (65SX pilot) and I went to the race Saturday night - didn't race. I'd love to do one of those races, just haven't worked up the nerve yet (or had all day to spend there). I just got the 05, so if I get it broke in and get myself used to the 4 stroke, I might sneak into one of those AMX indoor races or just wait and hit the spring/summer series. Let me know if you ever head to a track, I'm always looking for folks to ride with. I was going to Quicksand in Newark the last several times I rode this fall - awesome track (very jumpy - can't wait to turn the 450 loose there).

Take care,

Brent

If you change ignitions the vortex or the JD which procircuit sells,you should change to heavy duty springs on your valves with that much overrev you will float the valves with stock springs.

brent, we plan on racing at marysville next year. if you guys would like to practice with us we would love to have you. we have a 5 yr old that rides with us that races 50 cc. he has really helped motivate amanda (my daughter) she has got tougher this year just not up to race speed yet. she just started last year on a xr80 and got her cr 85 in june this year. we have 6 younsters that ride with us and i just met another father that has 2 racers that i have invited over they have cr 85 and yz 80 and dad has bobcat ye ha, i have a kabota tracor with all the attatchments to keep the track groomed. we all contribute to the dirt fund ( hauling in dirt to the track) so it hasnt been expensive for us to have a place to practice. e mail me your phone # to WOODY911@MSN.COM use motorcross as subject. look forward to talking to you more.

thank you,

brian

That sounds great Brian, I would love to hook up and I'd be happy to kick in some money to help the cause. My son has been riding 2 seasons, but he's a little timid on the bike so it would be good to expose him to some other young riders. I'll forward my phone number and you can give me a call anytime.

Thanks,

Brent