Sign in to follow this  

The Stickey mod + snorkel + baffle.

I guess it would defeat the purpose if I rejetted and did the snorkel, but left the baffle in, huh. Want the performance but not the increased sound on the trails.

I will remove the baffle, just prefer not to if at all possible 😢

If you remove the snorkel you need to rejet, the bike will run leaner(more air) if you don't. The baffle is your choice, you can leave it in or take it out although it will be louder.

Its getting rejetted tomorrow ($90 at dealer service dept including parts - just dont think I could do it myself). Will pull the snorkel out after that, but leave the baffle in (for now). So baffle is sound reducer only, no affect on air output/throughput/poer?

Thanks for the prompt response!

Removing the baffle will allow the exhaust gases to exit quicker, very little difference in power if any at all. When I first got my bike I removed snorkel, baffle and re-jetted all at once and I did notice a difference doing all of that together. Stock exhaust is gone now, in it's place is a Big Gun, very loud pipe. I used to be able to hear my riding buddy when he was near me, not any more. 😢

UNI or Twinair there about the same but UNI is cheaper and you will need to buy airfilter oil with that so you can oil the filter

Yes I forgot to mention oil. Spray it good then put it in a plastic bag and squeeze it to get the oil soaked into the foam. The Twin Air is a filter only so you have to use the stock plastic filter frame. Just be careful when placing the filter on the cage that you do not tear it, I found it to be a very tight fit.

Rev Box replaces the stock CDI unit and allows the bike to rev past the stock 9800 rpm limit. I was told by Big Gun it raises the limit to 11,000 rpm. Also, steepens the ignition curve giving better and snapier throttle response. I just put on one last week but haven't rode the bike yet, to cold and lots of snow up here.

a_gut, if you use no-toil oil, DO NOT buy a other filter other than No-Toil. The oil will eat up your filters causing them to fall apart. No-toil uses a special glue...

As for the baffle, you can leave it in, but taking it out will allow your bike to breate easier, which allows it to bring in more gas/oxygen. Dirydaddy has had his checked without the baffle and it's at 90 dB, which is 6 dB under the california limit...

Its getting rejetted tomorrow ($90 at dealer service dept including parts - just dont think I could do it myself). Will pull the snorkel out after that, but leave the baffle in (for now). So baffle is sound reducer only, no affect on air output/throughput/poer?

Thanks for the prompt response!

Too bad you don't live in Oregon. I'd throw the jets in there for just one beer! 😢😢