Old Dirt on engine and parts

Hey everybody. I own a 2003 CRF230 and was cleaning it today and found i have a tonne of old dirt the bloody won't come off. anybody know of any over the counter products that you can buy to get rid of it so my engine and parts don't look a million years old.

Cheers

Dan

Hey everybody. I own a 2003 CRF230 and was cleaning it today and found i have a tonne of old dirt the bloody won't come off. anybody know of any over the counter products that you can buy to get rid of it so my engine and parts don't look a million years old.

Cheers

Dan

One TT'r recommended carpet cleaner (Resolve). I tried it with a stiff plastic parts brush and it will remove the bake-on dirt look. Give it some time to work. My bike is 7 years old, so it has a fair amount of it. I would say any good carpet cleaner is worth the effort to clean it up.

Mate here's what I use to clean plastics and the engine, it works great but it is verrrry strong (don't let it touch your rims in concentrate form). Go out to Pacer Chemicals on Gt South Road in Penrose and pick up a product they sell called supa-rip. Its a cheap industrial cleaner ( ~$50 for a 20L container). Just spray it on, scrub a bit and then hose/water blast off, it should remove all the dirt. Also make sure to hose it completly off, don't let it collect in the skid plate etc... or it will accelerate corrosion. Hell I use it for everything, cleaning the bathroom, it even removes stains from the carpet. Great stuff ??