Sign in to follow this  

Need Some Advice

I Recently Bought A NEW XR650R And turned It In To A Dual Sport. I Did All The Necessary Mods And Way More. The Wife Is MAD! All I Have Ever Riding Is Motocross. And Some Desert Racing. (GP To Be Exact)

Know I’m Ready To Try Something New.

I’m Ready.

The Bikes Ready.

But Im Looking For Some Advice.

What Kind Of Tool And Stuff Should I Carry With Me?

Thank You In Advanced For Your Help.

You might check All off road they have a list of sugested items to carry with you. I might summarize by saying that it would be a good idea to be able to fix a flat tire by patching or tube replacement, fix a broken chain, and be able to do basic disasembly (this usually requires 8, 10, 12, & 14mm wrenches and a few tools specific to your bike) Also bring food, shelter H20 and fire for yourself. I think that there was a fairly long thread on here not long ago, do a search or maby someone remembers?

I hope that this helps and have fun on your new Bike 😢

i don't know how many wire fences there are where you ride but farmers around here tend to leave old fencing wire everywhere 😢 . i don't have to paint a picture of what 20 metres of fence looks like wrapped around your rear hub 😢 . it's suffice to say that a good set of wire cutters is essential, and perhaps a mobile phone (if you can get coverage).