Sign in to follow this  

Glenhelen

anybody heard how glen helens supermoto track is coming along..they said it might be open in jan. 05???? 😢

Is this just a rumor that GH is making a SM track? The parking lot isn't even paved... If true it would be very cool!

That rumor was big about a year ago but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time now.

That'd be amazing!

You could run a AMA national mx and AMA supermoto same weekend.

There doing this with world supermoto and world mx next year in Holland at Valkenswaard

btw Greg hows Metz? I know he had a big crash the other day on backflip nac 😢

I don't know about Metz, we probably won't see him a race for a while. I read this yesterday...

Metzger Injured In Sweden

Posted: 12.06.2004

The boys over at Bill's Pipes dropped us a line to let us know that according to Mike Metzger's mom Sharon, the freestyle superstar suffered serious injuries this weekend in Sweden. Apparently, Metz was doing a jump demo and crashed hard, taking a footpeg in the groin and suffering internal injuries. The Godfather has undergone some surgery to remove one of his ruptured testicles, but the Swedish doctors will not release him to fly home at this time. We'll keep you updated as we learn more.

Well, I'm sure that his balls are so big that he'll get along fine with just one.

In all seriousness though, that's a scary situation, and a shame too. He was getting close to the pace this year.

Brett

Someone sent this to me...

We got this note from Russ Stratton, updating Metz's condition after a recent crash...

Saw your mention of Mike’s crash on the TransWorld website and wanted to update you and your readers. It actually occurred during his performance at the Geneva Supercross in Switzerland. He over rotated on a Nac Nac back flip and landed on top of the motorcycle and the foot peg caught him in the groin. *He’s resting well and is in good spirits and is showing signs of that trademark Metzger humor regarding the situation. The doctor is saying he may be released toward the end of the week and we are hoping that he can fly home on Saturday.

Wishes for a speedy recovery can be sent to getwellmetz@hotmail.com and will be relayed to Metz at the hospital in Switzerland.

My guess is when those things are as big as Metzger’s seem to be, he’ll get along fine with one.

Article URL: http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/news/article/0,13190,927201,00.html

That would never happen at Glen Helen. They can't handle the amount National fans let alone a few thousand more for SM at one time. Ever try and get out of GH after a big race? 2+ hours.

Mike Hobbs

www.off-road.com

That'd be amazing!

You could run a AMA national mx and AMA supermoto same weekend.

There doing this with world supermoto and world mx next year in Holland at Valkenswaard

in july or aug. i received a email from a lady in responce to my email to her. i believe she was some kind of manager at glen helen and stated they were building a supermoto track and it would be open in early 2005.. thats why i posted the question.. i live in vegas and thought some of you that lived down there might know how it was coming??/

Lori? She's the person in the know at GH. I'll email her and try to get the scoop... 😢 It's all good good!

Mike Hobbs

in july or aug. i received a email from a lady in responce to my email to her. i believe she was some kind of manager at glen helen and stated they were building a supermoto track and it would be open in early 2005.. thats why i posted the question.. i live in vegas and thought some of you that lived down there might know how it was coming??/

Wow, that's good to hear. If it was Lori you talked to then she should know, she runs the show over there.

Not been glen helen but i've been daytona for the sx and bikeweek.

Now why can't they have a supermoto there surely it'd make sense having the AMA superbikes and Sx all there at the same time......

I'm sure they could mix a bit of sx track with the oval...now how sweeeet would that be?

😢

Looks like the rumor is true! This is what Lori from Glen Helen said: "We have plans for a Super moto track and Go cart track. We are still waiting approval from the county of San bernardino"

That will be great! Lets see Apex 25mins south of where i live, Glen Helen 20mins north, Grange 45mins north. It's getting better all the time.

anybody heard a up date on glenhelen are they getting a track going or spinning there wheels...it's the end of JAN.😢 :cry: