Sign in to follow this  

flywheel weight

I am wanting to add a flywheel weight to my bike, but not sure what size. I weigh 165-170 race motocross. I am just wanting to smooth it down a little more and try to get a little more traction. Any suggestions? Thanks 😢

My 05 I have a trail tech plus 9 oz it was the lightest I could get for my 05 CRF 450,it smoothed it out and still has the snap,I run motocross,and put it on mainly for an arenacross series I have been racing.

I added the plus 11 oz to my 03 and think it is the best thing that I ever did. I was having trouble stalling it when going through the braking bumps before turns. This has been completely eliminated with the flywheel weight.

I do think, however, that the 11 oz may be a little on the heavy side. I am a Vet Novice so it works pretty well for me, but there are times I wished I had gone a little bit lighter.

I have the 33oz on my '04 (15 extra ozs), maybe a little too much even in desert technical. I would go with the lightest Trail Tech. I will add this; my bike rarely rarely stalls. That is what I was looking to eliminate, it just took away the snap.

do any of you people want to sell your stock flywheel? i need one from a 04 or 05 crf450r... let me know if you want to get rid of it

thanks

you guys really noitice a loss of snap? or is that just with the big weights?

i haven't really noticed the loss with my +9 in my bike, but it also has 2 extra wheels.

The low end snap yes. Once you are up in the powerband you do not notice it at ALL. In the real tight stuff though the stock flywheel would not pull through. I wound up either really abusing the clutch, or stalling the bike.

do any of you people want to sell your stock flywheel? i need one from a 04 or 05 crf450r... let me know if you want to get rid of it

thanks

Post an offer or PM me an offer. I might sell it. It was replaced after 3 rides.

I have the 33 oz on a 04 and I really did not notice much loss in snap. It puts the power to the ground better. It cut down wheel spin quite a bit. I can still wheelie at will. I also have a TA pipe that pumps up the low end quite abit over stock.