Sign in to follow this  

Anyone seen Tuner?

Sorry guys - Newbie. Anyone know how to find an old post? I'm looking for an old post by "tuner" about big bore kits. I have an '05 250R I haven't even started yet. I rode an X my buddy put a 270 kit in and it was awesome. Looking for advice. I guess there's an old post, or ......... if anyone has the time and knowhow ........ I'm looking to build this 250 ..... need to talk big bore and pipe for CO track use. Should I break this thing in or tear it down now? I'm in no hurry (snow). Just want to do it right. Thanks. 😢

I'm thinking about doing the same thing (270)... I'll be picking up my 250x on the 28th of this month. Anyone have any long term (more than a few months) of experience on the TR 270 kit? Appreciate any feedback! 😢

zgw8 just had gary at TR bore a new cylinder for his X ...... we'll get itback this week and put it together. I talked to Gary briefly this morning ..... I'm sending off my cylinder tomorrow.

How much is that? And is that with a cast iron sleeve or same material as stock with coating?

It's a sleve and it's $510 complete with gaskets, oil filter, Cylinder sleve, wrist pin & clips, piston, rings, and a main jet and pilot. I just installed mine this weekend and was able to break it in and I did about 25 miles on it yesterday. I still need to play with the jetting a bit but the kit added some much needed low end torque and it pulls a bit harder. Even though I dont have my jetting spot on It runs smoother and it really seems to climb the hills better. I can hit a hillclimb and it now has enough torque to allow you to just twist the throttle if it starts bogging down, instead of having to downshift to a lower gear. I can also just crack the throttle on flat ground and the front wheel will come up. I like it, if it lasts it will be money well spent.

Heckler,

What do you think about that White Bros E2 pipe? I am currently trying to find a good pipe for harescrambles.

Thanks

(sorry, i know its off topic)

I like it, I also bought the Dr. D and decided to keep the E2 on. The Dr. D looks better and has a better sound but the E2 gave me better low end and didnt rev up as fast as the DR. D. It just worked better for me in the tight stuff and hill climbs, probably because you can use the stock headder with it.

Heckler,

What do you think about that White Bros E2 pipe? I am currently trying to find a good pipe for harescrambles.

Thanks

(sorry, i know its off topic)