DSP PowerNow

I got one, it didnt look like the gold ones in the picture

and had no instructions, also branded scaryfast but was

the same packaging as dsp

It also came with a lil screw with no thread lol

Did anybody get instructions?

It should have had an instruction paper in the package but it's easy to install. Biggest problem I had was finding a tool to press/drive it into the carb. You would think for a $100 they could supply a piece of pvc to install it with. Especially since it is now a piece of stamped steel not the machined/cast piece it was before (the gold one).

The "screw" is an alignment tool, it fits in one of the holes at the bottom of the carb to keep the blade horzontal. Put it through the PowerNow and into the hole in the carb, remove it when your done but save it as I had my PowerNow rotate in the carb during some jetting changes.

The best way to install it is use a driver made from PVC that matches the outside diameter. I used a soft block of wood on the back of the blade and gently tapped it in. It is a press/tension fit.

I absolutely could not get it seated in the carb by tapping around the peremiter!

Good luck!

It should have had an instruction paper in the package but it's easy to install. Biggest problem I had was finding a tool to press/drive it into the carb. You would think for a $100 they could supply a piece of pvc to install it with. Especially since it is now a piece of stamped steel not the machined/cast piece it was before (the gold one).

The "screw" is an alignment tool, it fits in one of the holes at the bottom of the carb to keep the blade horzontal. Put it through the PowerNow and into the hole in the carb, remove it when your done but save it as I had my PowerNow rotate in the carb during some jetting changes.

The best way to install it is use a driver made from PVC that matches the outside diameter. I used a soft block of wood on the back of the blade and gently tapped it in. It is a press/tension fit.

I absolutely could not get it seated in the carb by tapping around the peremiter!

Good luck!

Oh! that screw is still in mine!

Did u use force to make yours stay in?

I got one, it didnt look like the gold ones in the picture

and had no instructions, also branded scaryfast but was

the same packaging as dsp

It also came with a lil screw with no thread lol

Did anybody get instructions?

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but it could have been one that was returned. For as many people that like them, there are plenty that return them. The dealers just put them back in stock.

We bought one installed it and didn't like it. It was kinda iffy because the original package had instructions that seemed "worn". The installation wasn't very good, didn't fit to well in the intake. We installed it as instructed and it actually came loose in the boot (don't ask me how) and caused the kids bike to overrev. We just took it out and returned it.

I also had a bad experience with this piece. I had to go to the plumbing shop to find a piece of abs plastic to hammer it in with...and the fit is lousy. It is supposed to press fit in, but no matter how hard I tried it would pop off if I so much as blew on it once installed. I called Scaryfast to find out what was wrong and they informed me that this was "normal", and that the airboot would hold it in place. I left it in there, and have not had problems, but wonder if it is still in the right place. I find the fit inexcusable for a 90$ piece of metal, and would not buy it again if I had to do it over. I didn't return it only because I mail ordered it to Canada, and sending it back would've been to much of a pain.

Not impressed at all.

I agree with everyone on the poor quality of the PowerNow. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The performance gain is marginal and mine has came loose twice when rotating the carb in the boot to change needle settings. Total pain in the *** to realign and seat it just because I wanted to change a clip position. Thinking some loctite might help next time or I may just take it out and sell it to someone else that was brainwashed into wanting one by all the hype.

Someone made and is making alot of $$$$ off these things!

(Dont worry, Yammie rider commin in peace)

You guys may also want to drill a hole in your powernow if you haven't already. I made mine for my yamaha, and after drilling a hole it made a difference ?

-Phill

(You can look in the Yamaha FAQ to find out where to drill the hole. Should apply to the Hondas)

(Dont worry, Yammie rider commin in peace)

You guys may also want to drill a hole in your powernow if you haven't already. I made mine for my yamaha, and after drilling a hole it made a difference ?

-Phill

(You can look in the Yamaha FAQ to find out where to drill the hole. Should apply to the Hondas)

mine came with the hole already in it,

it looks exactly like a powernow plus ?

but it has that alignment tool which lead me to beleave it was

a power now original oh and it said on the packet and part numbers matched

mine came with the hole already in it,

it looks exactly like a powernow plus ?

but it has that alignment tool which lead me to beleave it was

a power now original oh and it said on the packet and part numbers matched

Where exactly on the Honda PowerNow is the hole drilled and how big is the hole? Do you think you could measure it?

In the photos I have the Pro Circuit 496 muffler on it. I am running the stock muffler right now (we have very lax enforcement here). I think it works as good or better than most all of the aftermarket mufflers and full systems. This has been proven in many drag races.

I have ridden most of them as I have 6 friends with CRF250R's. Here is a list of the exhausts.

Yosh Tri-oval system - hits a bit harder

FMF PowerCore4 with Powerbomb - a little more grunt

FMF Factory4 Ti with Powerbomb - very similar to

stock

Dr.D full system - a little more everywhere

PC496 - good bottom/mid flat on top. Pulls real low rpm with quiet end in, I usually run an 1 1/2 end from the PC T-4.

I'll try and link a photo but you can see a few on my photo page:

http://groups.msn.com/FPilotsPhotos

No luck on posting a pic, follow the link above and click on bikes, there are 2 more on page 2.