Sign in to follow this  

new bike

would a xr 250 be a good next step after riding a ttr? looking for good step up 😢

My last bike was a TTR125, I moved up to the XR250. I'm happy with it, my friend has a 250X but I like my bike better. Look around you can find some really good deals. I got my 2003 this year in perfect condition with like 9 lawn miles on it ridden by a 10 year old who never dumped it. The knobbys still had the little rubber pieces on the top of the knobs not just the sides. The guy was rich and his kid didn't like it so he sold it. I got it for 3,100. I'd say its a good switch. Just my .03 😢

xr250, or maybe a crf230/ ttr230, its the next size up, i am 135lbs but 21 and have riding along time, if i buy a xr in spring it will be a xr250 just cuz i dont like weight and a 400 is a little heavy from what i am use to with my 200lb 125mx bikes......

If that Yamaha TTR230 is anything like the older TTR225 (and it sure LOOKS like it is, based on the pics I saw at the Yamaha website), you DON'T want one of those! We had one for a short time, and it was seriously overweight, undersprung, and underpowered. You couldn't even adjust the suspension on the thing. It was definitely a pig dressed up in blue clothing.

im 14 years old like 130 ponds and a ok rider

Sounds like the XR250 would be a great next bike. The CRF230, etc aren't in the same league and a CRF250R is a different beast altogether.

Why don't you like the 250X? It's a good bike too. Might be a little tall at the seat though. (With the flat seat it will be taller than the XR).

How do you know ttr kid is even a girl?

Rider height is certainly a valid question. If he/she is 5'2 then the XR250 is gonna be just a bit unwieldy and a shorter bike would be a better choice for now.

You have a perfectly valid point, but I think Corey was just pulling yer leg... 😢

You have a perfectly valid point, but I think Corey was just pulling yer leg... 😢

I know...he does that a lot. And he doesnt stop in real life either 😢

um 5 6 give or take

An XR250 will be a little tall, but you can get used to it. Just practice picking the bike up and starting it in your yard before you go out.

ttr kid is not a girl smart one

How can any of us tell? Its not like your name is TTR_boy 😢

Ok I was puling yer leg, and having fun with james at the same time. I've ridden with him a few times, James that is, and he's a cool guy. No insults, just me! 😢