Sign in to follow this  

How cold has it been at stoddard wells?

Howdy all! I'm putting together a group kids ride on the 18th of december, and am wondering how cold it is out there, any info would be great.

It's been really cold, but changes on a daily basis. The last 3 times I've been out since the Sunday before Thanksgiving, the temps have been (mid-day):

34 degrees with raging snow. Fun ride, but miserable at the same time. 😢

50 degrees sunny with a lot of snow on the ground. Comfortable

55 degrees with a 25-30 mph steady wind and a freaking cold wind chill factor. No snow.

If you're taking out a bunch of kids, I hope you have a warm trailer or motorhome, or pick a good day. It's been a cold winter. Good luck.

As cold as a witches titty in a brass bra.

Wow how long did it take you to come up with that one 😢😢

It has been low 30's the last couple of days. It will probably stay like that for a while. PM closer to the date your riding and I will let you know.

As cold as a witches titty in a brass bra.

Um....Ok?

Thanks for the rest of the replies, i may have to look for another riding spot if it's to cold, we are going to have a whole pack of 7-10 year olds, and that may be a tad to cold for them.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other riding spots? We have some first-timers, and soft sand is very hard for them, that's why i thought of stoddard, plenty of hard pack for beginners to learn on, thanks again!

The weather can vary so much this time of year - it is always a guessing game. My kid and I are are doing our Christmas trip to Ocotillo Wells on the 20th and 21st. We have been doing it for a couple of years now in December, and it hasn't ever been too bad. Bring plenty of firewood and good sleeping bags.

It's made from peeeeople....it's peeeeeeople! 😢 I haven't thought about that movie in a looooong time!

Thanks, i failed to mention that it will be a day trip, not overnight.

Day trip - go to Stoddard Wells because it is relatively close to you. They are kids - put them in a bunch of sweaters and bring hot chocolate. They will be so pumped up riding dirt bikes they won't even realize they are cold or not.

The biggest problem I have encountered for my boys is how cold their little hands get. We wind up bringing their ski gloves to ride with and that has helped, along with thermals and sweatshirts etc.

Wow!

21_XR400, you need to lighten up. 😢😢

Try getting a little humor in your life once in a while so wont be such an a$$.

It's just a funny little saying.........geeeezzz 😢

Wow!

21_XR400, you need to lighten up. 😢😢

Try getting a little humor in your life once in a while so wont be such an a$$.

It's just a funny little saying.........geeeezzz 😢

Archaic saying is more like it 😢 Besides your dorky saying, do you have any suggestions?

Archaic saying is more like it 😢 Besides your dorky saying, do you have any suggestions?

Yeah, I know it's old and dorky, but it was the first thing that flashed through my head when I read this thread. Sorry I said it now, I just thought it would be a funny little quip, didn't know you guys had such high standards. Since you guys seem to be the authority on what's funny, maybe you could send me a list of funny little quips that you feel I would be allowed to post and I'll use one of them next time. I'm sure you guys have some that are way better. 😢

As far as riding suggestions go, it doesn't matter where you go riding right now, it's going to be cold. If it's only a day trip, then Just go somewhere close and bundle up. The kids won't care once they get riding. 😢

Yeah, I know it's old and dorky, but it was the first thing that flashed through my head when I read this thread. Sorry I said it now, I just thought it would be a funny little quip, didn't know you guys had such high standards. Since you guys seem to be the authority on what's funny, maybe you could send me a list of funny little quips that you feel I would be allowed to post and I'll use one of them next time. I'm sure you guys have some that are way better. 😢

As far as riding suggestions go, it doesn't matter where you go riding right now, it's going to be cold. If it's only a day trip, then Just go somewhere close and bundle up. The kids won't care once they get riding. 😢

I didn't mean to come off as a cranky old guy! Sorry 😢 Maybe the dancing bannana will lighten the mood.

I didn't mean to come off as a cranky old guy! Sorry :D Maybe the dancing bannana will lighten the mood.

😢🤣:D:D🤣:D

Yeah, no hard feelings. 😉

I just wish some people on forums would lighten up. They take everything so damn serious. Gets old after a while.

On that note.......... 😉😉😢😢😢😢