Sign in to follow this  

Dyno charts on Bill's site

Just saw that they've posted stock results and with their pipe dyno charts for the '04 and '05 Honda, as well as all the other '05 f's.

Very interesting to see the differences in curves and how it does translate to how the bikes feel, imo. It also explains why my '04 KXF ran like a bat out of hell compared to stock when running their pipe. Amazing increase on green machine.

The Yammie curve also reflects what I felt riding the '04 f. Flat, flat, flat, bang it's flying. Too much work for my slow reflexes.

While I went with the Dr. D this go round as I had Bill's pipe on 2 previous bikes, I think it's great that they're willing to put the results up for all to review and make informed decisions. It would be great if all the performance part guys did this 😢😢

Mark

Dyno result page

My dyno testing of stock CRF's backs up what I see on Billspipes website. My '04 CRF250R peaks out at 33 hp with some rejetting done.

As the dyno charts indicate the Honda has much "smoother" power then the other 250's. Whats up with the YZ250F Dyno graph ?, yech !

😢 KLX

I think the chart is great and determines a couple of things I'm interested in.

1) Waiting to shift at 13k doesn't do much good. After riding this bike for 8 months, experience has shown that I am faster when I don't rev it out to the limiter. My valves are in perfect shape as well. Not sure if that has anything to do with "short shifting" but the bike is great. In my 2stroke experience, I'm used to that "pull" you get right before it's time to shift. The CRF doesn't give me that pull at the top of the RPM range, but rather at around 8k - 10k.

2) I'm getting a pipe to replace the stock pipe. Not sure what I want yet (insert recommendations here) and I certainly don't use all the power this bike has but it seems like the next logical step.

I saw those dyno's. I'd say those are very honest and truthful. I dont think the Yammie feels flat though. To me the powerbands felt the same between the Honda and the Yamaha.

I saw those dyno's. I'd say those are very honest and truthful. I dont think the Yammie feels flat though. To me the powerbands felt the same between the Honda and the Yamaha.

I have to say, I've spent a bit of time on a few YZ250F's and my first thought was "damn, this thing rips". Those blue 250F's definitely have some serious low end grunt. Flat was not one of the words I would have used to describe it either.