Sign in to follow this  

New o5 drz 125

A friend of mine just bought his son a new drz christmas. Is there anything about this bike I can tell him about. His son is learning and will be doing trails and the like.

He is 5'10 150lb and like I said a newbie.

Once the kid starts getting better and starts jumping the bike a little he needs a frame cradle/ skid pan. The bike uses the engine case for part of the frame and it needs a brace.

Also open the air box, new air filter, and after maket pipe, rejet the carb will be in order.

Its a good play bike, simple to maintain and reliable

Wow, he is WAY too big for that bike. I hope it's the big wheel model. Even the CRF 150 would be small for someone 5'10". The CRF230 or YZF230 would have been better for that height and weight with beginner status.

i am 5'9" with a 30 inch inseam and with the kx suspension i am tip toe'n it....

Well i am about the same hieght and weight as him if not identical. I bought the 2005 KLX125L and i mastered that bike in 2 weeks. These bikes have no speed and no power. I turned around and sold it 3 months later after having the bike. And lost 1,200 on the bike. I suggest a 125 two stroke. I now have a 2001 YZ250 and the bike is tall but suites my power need perfectly.