Sign in to follow this  

Very bad news...

We just lost a big fight.... on our side was several large organized riders groups, trying to keep open a trail network that had been in place for many years, and the court recognized the huge financial gains local communities received from the existence of these trails, BUT...

Supreme court just closed over 300 miles of trails in Quebec, court ruled in favour of a small group of private property owners, court said that their right "to Quiet Enjoyment" of their property, outweighed the rights of the many riders and businessmen that relied on the sport. 😢

Their only complaint was NOISE....

News crew interviewed several owners, each and every one only complained about the noise.

The extra bad news... this is now considered a precedent setting case, more will follow, the tree huggers are all over this one.

What is it going to take to wake us up????? a quiet bike is a helluva lot better then no bike.....Every time I read about someone bolting up a $400 100+ decibel pipe that adds 1 hp, I just wanna scream 😢

This is a huge issue in the states and it's going to worse. I hear FMF is working on a pipe that is quieter than the Q but puts out more power than the F4. That's a good thing.

Unless we make these bikes run as quiet as a car, we will never win this battle. People like to bitch, and no matter how quiet we make the bikes, they will still bitch.

Encroachment (did I spell that right?) is our enemy. And tree huggers are using it to their advantage.

ben

Is anyone surprised this happened in Canada?

The Canadian supreme court just saw a way to crush enjoyment of the many and business at the same time. For them, its a two for one special.

oh man this sucks,---az is trying to pass a copper sticker law just like the cal green sticker thing but this one is worse , i get so pissed about all this government junk 😢

We just lost a big fight.... on our side was several large organized riders groups, trying to keep open a trail network that had been in place for many years, and the court recognized the huge financial gains local communities received from the existence of these trails, BUT...

Supreme court just closed over 300 miles of trails in Quebec, court ruled in favour of a small group of private property owners, court said that their right "to Quiet Enjoyment" of their property, outweighed the rights of the many riders and businessmen that relied on the sport. 😢

Their only complaint was NOISE....

News crew interviewed several owners, each and every one only complained about the noise.

The extra bad news... this is now considered a precedent setting case, more will follow, the tree huggers are all over this one.

What is it going to take to wake us up????? a quiet bike is a helluva lot better then no bike.....Every time I read about someone bolting up a $400 100+ decibel pipe that adds 1 hp, I just wanna scream 😢

Don't get me wrong I love the 4 strokes but some of these guys run those things with pipes that are so loud I would like to put a cap in their butt. I MEAN THEY ARE TO LOUD my CR 500 is loud but no where near a uncorked 4 stroke. I think when guys do that to their 4 strokes it is OBNOXIOUS! If I had bikes that loud around me all the time I would complain to.

kelstr:

What is it about the proposed Copper Sticker program that you dislike? From the little reading I've done on it, it looks like the money would go towards opening and maintaining legit riding areas.

Ride on

Brewster

They showed the new signs that were just installed on the trail network, they say, "no motorcycles, no snowmobiles, no ATV's"....

This spot that was closed was like a center hub of a big trail network, so it took a large popular area, and fragmented it... can you say "divide and conquer" you can no longer go on a long loop.

The big danger here is the tree huggers now have a proven technique, with supreme court backing to close areas because of noise. All they need is a petition signed by a majority of landowners in a given area. This is just the start of a major movement to limit or eliminate ORV use.

If you care at all about this sport, make sure your bike is quiet, and try your best to educate others to make their bikes quiet too. Do not support the manufacturers that are killing us off by manufacturing, promoting and profitting from selling loud mufflers. They are also to blame for this.

A Quiet bike is a lot better then no bike....

they say its the noise, but if the bikes were electric they be saying your tearing up the earth, or scaring a mouse, or some other reason 😢

You have got to get your bikes tagged because the way things are going we will all be screwed. KATOOMS ARE GREAT easy to get a tag for here!

i bet the houses were built WAY after the trails were too. were they? this is a rising concern around supermoto tracks in colorado... too close to where people DECIDE to build their houses. come on people, dont bitch if you move there knowing about it!

i bet the houses were built WAY after the trails were too. were they? this is a rising concern around supermoto tracks in colorado... too close to where people DECIDE to build their houses. come on people, dont bitch if you move there knowing about it!

The Air Force has problems like this. Company's buy land cheaper, because it's close to the installation. They then build houses and sell them cheaper than equivalent houses in more sought after areas. People move in and after a few years start complaining that the airbase is too loud and the aircraft flying over their house is a safety hazard. The military often have to change operating procedures due to the proximaty of civilians to explosives and other hazards. Sometimes the Air Force even gives up and closes the base. In the long run this kills the local economy (all the small businesses that surround and cater to the base). In some cities an Air Force installation can be the single largest employer.

Dude this is Very bad for AZ once you buy that crap about how the money will go to be used to open and maintain new rideing areas and let them implement this program the money goes right into the road manitence fund. and you will never see a dime or a new rideing area again

Prime Example California I pay 30 each year to register my dirtbikes and Quads and all they keep doing is closing off more and more areas every month. They are like the Terminator they will not stop they will never stop until your dead. We need to do anything we can to defeat this so the deserts in Az will be riden in for many generations to come.

Don't get me wrong I love the 4 strokes but some of these guys run those things with pipes that are so loud I would like to put a cap in their butt. I MEAN THEY ARE TO LOUD my CR 500 is loud but no where near a uncorked 4 stroke. I think when guys do that to their 4 strokes it is OBNOXIOUS! If I had bikes that loud around me all the time I would complain to.

I dont know about you but I think the sound of a loud 4 stroke is much more easy on the ears than a loud 2 stroke 😢

there is no way we can let az start closing down trails and implementing a copper sticker rule. how hard will it be for crf's or any dirtbikes to pass?