Sign in to follow this  

CRF150/230 Breather Kit

Has anyone tried one of these breather kits Joker Machine

Also does anyone here know if the valve cover caps from The CRF150/230 will innerchange with the XR200 2-valve models?

I tried to cross referance part numbers from online parts fiche but can't seem to find anyone listing the CRF150/230.

The models have been out for awhile so it seems like someone would have it on there list.

Any Ideas? 😢 ....Karl

I have yet to try a Joker product. I have only heard good things. MxSouth.com had a bunch of their products. All their products look amazing, the link, clamps, and especially exhaust. Let us know.

I have yet to try a Joker product. I have only heard good things. MxSouth.com had a bunch of their products. All their products look amazing, the link, clamps, and especially exhaust. Let us know.

I talked to Brian at Joker and he told me the the valve cover caps from the CRF and XR200 were the same and he would be happy to set me up. I am ordering the breather setup for both of my bikes mainly because he was so interested in taking the time to find out if the parts would work and how he could help me out. He even told me if I could wait a day he would drill and machine the part as we discussed.

Brian was very interested in discussing the Joker items offered for the CRFs and was more than willing to help out in any way, however he did mention that sales of the CRF150/230 custom parts seemed to be a little slow compared to items offered for other model machines.

It is my opinion that Joker products are "top of the line" custom made parts, and as such, may cost a few dollars more than the "run of mill" aftermarket items avalible for the CRF's offered by other companies. If you want the best you should have no problem paying a few dollars more in order to get a true custom part. NO BLING!

I am really intested in the Joker exhaust system. Someone here on TT has got to try one and give a report! The price seems comparable to the other players and it looks sweet. Dyno tested design, meets noise requirements and has a USFS approved spark arrestor to boot.

Thanks 04hondacrf150 for the heads up on Ayers, I checked out everyone else but. The fiche came up fine for the CRF230 and helped much! I have it saved in my favorites 😢 ....Karl

P.S. The link to the Joker exhaust system for the CRF150/230 Joker Exhaust Be sure to check out the rest of the site!

A guy at this site http://www.rickramsey.net/CRF230Fmods.htm

done something like this, maybe you can contact him

Yea I saw that on Rick's site. Venting the transmission somewhere other than into the airbox is a common and inexpensive mod for thumpers.

Just for GP, I did the tranny vent mod on my XR200 when I installed a Uni Filter and high flow cage.

However this mod it is not as noticeable as a big finned billet machined cap routed to a remote filter so I must admit the "bling" factor along with the lack of bolt on aftermarket parts available for our bikes is what caught my fancy. 😢

I gather this does nothing but look purty.

--luke

For the most part the tranny and crank case are one, so the tranny vent does pretty much does the same thing as the joker vent, neither of which is truely needed on a stock or lightly modified low mileage engine. A big bore, stroker or high mileage engine developing crankcase pressures exceeding the capability of the stock vent would benefit from either or both of these mods.....Karl