Sign in to follow this  

CRF250X Lightswitch wiring?

I have recently bought a crf250x, which in the UK has permanently wired in lights. I guess this is the same, for all of them, and am hoping someone can tell me how to wire in a light switch. My dealer had no suggestion. Help would be much appreciated.

I didn't want my headlight on all the time,so I just cut the hot wire to the light and put a toggle switch in and mounted it behind the headlight,Pretty Simple.

Thanks Guys

A simple solution. I will do it, and let you know if it extinguishes the rear light as well.

best regards

Tom Robinson

The rear light is DC powered ( from the battery) and is switched on by a relay when you start your bike. It has no conection to the headlight. I use a light switch from KTM and connect it to the headlight wires. You can also mount a horn and use this switch. If you need i can find the colors on the electric wires you need to put together. Also if you need a brak light, use Gasgas electrical presuresensors for your break pump.

The rear light is DC powered ( from the battery) and is switched on by a relay when you start your bike. It has no conection to the headlight. I use a light switch from KTM and connect it to the headlight wires. You can also mount a horn and use this switch. If you need i can find the colors on the electric wires you need to put together. Also if you need a brak light, use Gasgas electrical presuresensors for your break pump.

Can you tell me which is the hot wire for the headlight, blue or green? What is the third wire for?

Honda use green as ground, use the blue one to suply the lightswitch and the third wire is long beam. (It's about 1,5 W more light there, and it is wider )

Regarding horn you can use one from the KTM or just get one from a 50ccm roadbike.

Honda use green as ground, use the blue one to suply the lightswitch and the third wire is long beam. (It's about 1,5 W more light there, and it is wider )

Thank you Virre.

do any of you ride at night, and would it be better to hook up the white wire instead of the blue?